Author Topic: Crusader Kings III Announced  (Read 16638 times)

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #105 on: September 09, 2022, 12:09:06 PM
A lot of the usual whining and screaming how Friends and Foes should be free LC. This is the first DLC that I potentially have to pay for as it is not included in my 'royal edition' season pass.

Always do what you feel is best.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #106 on: September 10, 2022, 03:00:00 AM
A lot of the usual whining and screaming how Friends and Foes should be free LC.

It's possible the whiners & screamers aren't wrong, given how lack of content is perhaps the single most common critique I continue to see regarding CK3.  On the flip side, the fanbase for Paradox games can be as toxic as any other, so I maintain a good dose of skepticism when it comes to both praise and hate. 

Probably the real question is, is this DLC worth forking over the $4.99 for it?  The sheer number & variety of events seem to all but guarantee you'd get your money's worth, though I get that for some, it's the principle of the thing. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Corporal
Reply #107 on: September 10, 2022, 03:17:51 AM
I’ve only played one and two but have always found you make your own game in CK - does lack of content mean the player is not been steered anywhere which is what the game has always done or is there a lack of those random events that made the game a hoot which I realise I was about to start listing but there’s too many to mention

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #108 on: September 10, 2022, 02:25:36 PM
For me personally it did not sound like the DLC was worth 4.99. I didn't get it.

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #109 on: September 10, 2022, 03:35:26 PM
For me personally it did not sound like the DLC was worth 4.99. I didn't get it.

I usually wait for them to go on sale so I'm consistently 1 or 2 DLC packs behind :)

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #110 on: September 10, 2022, 04:40:11 PM
^Me too. For CKII I bought a pack with almost every DLC and the original game at like 90% off a couple of years ago. And then not too much later CKII was being given away :/