Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Paper figures for theThe Battle of Hastings 1066 using Command & Colors Medieval  (Read 4055 times)

Dan22Daly

• Jr. Trooper
  • fortune favors the bold
Paper figures are really coming back into favor in the gaming community. 

In 2019 Plastic Solider Company put out a game using card board figures.  The game was good but the figures were the best part of the game.  I  collected all the armies they had and began playing around with what could be done with them.  It soon was clear the Command & Colors was the answer and Medieval had just come out. 

As I was  working on my little project in the fall of 2019 it was my plan to get it ready for Nashcon 2020.  Then came the pandemic and it was clear that no conventions were going to be run that summer.  So the project got shelved but the thinking did not. 

Last night I put up my tables and it all came together.  The map looks good but the force mix may need a little playing with.   With  little help from some spray paint I was able to make the bases that came with the figures match the colors used in the game.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
You did that with spray paint??  Wow. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

besilarius

• Corporal
https://www.amazon.com/Arnold-Book-Toy-Soldiers/dp/B0007FQC1Y

Wow, you open the lid of old memories and  forgotten stuff escapes.
This book of paper toy soldiers was a childhood gift that filled the itch before Airfix plastics soldiers were available.
They were a lot of fun.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Wargame Vault has a lot of paper miniature stuff, sometimes free, like these French and Indian War British Officers.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Dan22Daly

• Jr. Trooper
  • fortune favors the bold
Wow, you open the lid of old memories and  forgotten stuff escapes.

I am glad I could bring back memories

By the way I love your moniker

besilarius

• Corporal
Thanks, will tell my daughter.
She came up with it when about four.
She was sitting in my lap while I was reading Count Belisarius by Robert Graves.
She couldn't form his name, and her attempt is a family memory.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.