Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Recent Posts

History and Tall Tales / Re: This Day in History
« Last post by besilarius on Today at 05:04:34 PM »
4977   BC   The Creation, according to Kepler
Intel Dump / Re: Whats on Your Table?
« Last post by bob48 on Today at 04:16:10 PM »
Ah well, no one can say you didn't try. Whilst I love the system, I'm really not that interested in a game that just covers the one day of a 3 day battle. there are better games in the series, and, to be honest, if you are new to the series, that particular game is maybe not the best one to start with.
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 04:12:09 PM »
Love me some chit pull.
And....up for sale.

I got really, really bored with rolling for activations for the Union and having them fail and only able to perform a Fire Order.

I was on turn 5 and the first 3 chits I pulled were Birney and Ayers (x2). Birney needs a roll of 2 or less and Ayers a 3 or less to have a full activation...both rolled high and they weren't within range of Confederate forces so couldn't attack resulting in 2 burned activations for Ayers brigades and 1 for Birney and that was me.

Salerno '43 is next.
#Maneuver Warfare is a deck builder card game designed by a retired USMC Major (also the GM)

Not collectible, but customizable with a lot of cards in the box

Does have shared terrain the players fight over, plus logistics, C2, and cyber dimensions

Don't know much about First Folio, but it's a new one from Fort Circle where you're racing to be the first person to publish Shakespeare's plays
Couple games I'm not too familiar with, wondering if you could shed a little more light on. What more can you tell me about #ManeuverWarfare and Shakespeare's First Folio?
Organizations, Vehicles, Equipment / Re: Trains
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Today at 07:23:41 AM »
that's a lot of track to, uh...  keep track of
Organizations, Vehicles, Equipment / Re: Trains
« Last post by bob48 on Today at 05:44:27 AM »

Well done to Pete Waterman and the team for getting into the Guinness Book of Records. The worlds largest portable model railway layout at 208ft.
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Yesterday at 01:17:46 PM »
Can I ask what size table you can "get away with"? I have a 35" x 50" area with 60" if absolutely necessary

Mine is 63" x 31.5".

It's this table here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BR3NXTKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
« Last post by bob48 on Yesterday at 11:47:41 AM »
Yeah, that combination of trying to keep casualties down and watching the time limit. Great stuff.
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 11:36:45 AM »
 :bigthumb:

Love me some chit pull.

I did really like the variable turn time aspect of LHY.