Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Upcoming Georgetown University professional wargaming virtual seminars  (Read 3033 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Join GUWS for Zoom Webinars in April & May!

April 6th, 2020, 6-8pm - Wargaming with Marines: A Conversation in Games - Register here
Join GUWS for an interactive talk with Damien O’Connell on his experiences of using decision games as teaching tools with US Marines. We will discuss the different kinds of decision games (tactical decision games, decision-forcing cases, wargames, etc. ) he uses, the work he’s currently doing with the Marine Corps, and his thoughts on how to break into the decision game world. Please come with questions!

April 16th, 2020 , 6-8pm- The Intersection of Professional and Commercial Gaming -Register here.
Mark Herman will discuss how his commercial wargame design and publishing experience intersected with his professional career as a defense analyst specializing in DoD wargaming. The focus on the talk will be on the skills that transferred between these two disciplines and which were unique. There will be a Q and A after his remarks.

April 22nd, 2020, 6-8pm - How to Start a Career in Wargaming Panel - Register here
Join the Georgetown University Wargaming Society for a virtual wargaming career panel! Experts in the field will share helpful tips and strategies from their own experiences in wargaming design and execution. Please send in questions in advance using the Google form in your email confirmation!
Panelists: Becca Wasser (RAND), Jeremy Sepinksy (CNA), Taylor Teaford (SPA), Phillip Pournelle (USN CDR, Ret.). Please visit our Facebook page or website for the full bios of our panelists!

May 13th, 2020, 6-8pm: Gaming the Non-Kinetic - Register here
Rex Brynen, Professor of Political Science at McGill University and senior editors for PAXsims < Caution-https://georgetown.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e91435f0ae271dec791a81e8b&id=0050237d14&e=2298c1702b > , will discuss the use of (war)gaming techniques to explore issues other than war, ranging from humanitarian response to pandemics, peace negotiations and peace operations.

May 19th, 2020, 6-8pm: Leveraging Commercial Games in Military Education (Zoom Webinar) - Register here
James Sterrett will discuss the use of commercial wargames in military education, including selection, employment, and modification of commercial games for the classroom. Leveraging his experience teaching at the Command & General Staff College at the U.S. Army University, he will highlight specific games he has utilized in past courses and provide lessons learned for other educators.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

GriffinTwoSix

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
You know i stumbled on this first one through BGG:

But you're so dependable in finding and putting stuff up like this, I figured I should check here before making a post. Glad I did!  Had this on in the background while I was working, really one of the best and most interesting talks I've listened to on wargaming.  It's great as someone who is simply a hobbyist to see how wargaming is applied in the real world. I'd love to see some of the written orders and plans that come out of these classroom sessions in response to the various scenarios.