Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Field of Glory:Empires mp interest  (Read 20948 times)

Metaldog

• Sergeant
  • Central Scrutinizer
Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 12:19:27 AM
Cheruscii has good troops.  And the neighborhood is full of Germanic tribes with Marcomanni, Boihoiemi, Rhaeti, Belgae from SE to West.  There is a region with a Wonder in it directly(?) next to your capitol.  The Province you form with your Capitol Region is good sized and relatively prosperous.  If you go that route, be advised not to wait too long on collecting up as many Rebel Regions as you can while they are weak.  Once they get strong, they can be very difficult.

As an aside, I am not married to any one game.  What I mean is, with the dearth of in game experience, we can restart any game at any time.  The more experience you get, theoretically, will make the next game better.  I haven't finished one in a win.  Not even close.  But, I have restarted quite a few. ;)

Lots of maps is a good thing - Panzerde

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 10:49:41 AM
I tend to like to start isolated, or weaker neighbors.  I've only tried Britonae so far, but one of the German hordes would also be fun.  Unite the British Isles, or become the master of Northern Europe and the Baltic.

I'm in.. OJD, Goth is a good choice for you then, You start weak, but you are Germanic and you have isolation, so you can 'grow' a lil before being pestered by neighbors.

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 12:17:03 PM
Word to warning, if you choose a Tier III, you do stand the chance of having Civil Wars whenever a leader dies, so it is important to get to tier II as quick as possible!.. Horde's = Tier III, Chiefdom's equal Tier II.

Metaldog

• Sergeant
  • Central Scrutinizer
Reply #18 on: January 18, 2020, 12:19:55 PM
I tend to like to start isolated, or weaker neighbors.  I've only tried Britonae so far, but one of the German hordes would also be fun.  Unite the British Isles, or become the master of Northern Europe and the Baltic.

I'm in.. OJD, Goth is a good choice for you then, You start weak, but you are Germanic and you have isolation, so you can 'grow' a lil before being pestered by neighbors.

Every time I play a game with a human Gothones, it always ends with, "My country is in Civil War.  I can't do  this anymore."  ;)  My opinion, Gothones is too isolated.  You should at least have a close neighbor or two.  Gives you more chance of gaining Progress Tokens from taking Objectives.  Plus, the constant battles will bring your army's experience up faster.

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 12:32:17 PM
My first 'single' player game as Gothones, I totally ignored objectives, I just built CDR the hard way. I came in second in the finish. Was in first with 15 turns left, but Parthia overtook me, they were generating a ton of cash and that earned them a higher Legacy rating than I. But it was a good game for me, and a good learning game.

I am in my first Gothone Civil war in my current game with MD, I think I'll be okay, but we'll see. Again, if you can reach 'tier II' quick enough, there is no Civil War.

I think those countries to the West of me are a lot harder, because all your neighbors are attacking quickly. Cherusci, Marconi, Rhaeti. In our Alpine War game, it's not an issue, because your neighbors are human allies.

Averni is a good beginner region, because your starting Army is very strong!.. Belgae is a Chiefdom, I have had successful Single and MP rounds with them.

British Isles can be successful beginning. But if you're on Great Britain, that can be tricky start because of close proximity to potential Enemies., So Ally with them and chose the right time to go to War. Hibernia is weak at start, but does have water around it to give a lil isolation.

Important note in the very beginning, don't attack rebel plains if you don't have a lot of units for 'frontage'. Also create a couple warrior units before you start your first attack, as sometimes when it says possibly 3 units, it's actually 5! That's where Averni is great for the beginning, cause your initial Army is strong enough to attack immediately.

Metaldog

• Sergeant
  • Central Scrutinizer
Reply #20 on: January 18, 2020, 10:55:32 PM
Barth, the game is up.  I PMd you the password.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #21 on: January 19, 2020, 08:44:59 AM
Done!  :bigthumb:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #22 on: January 19, 2020, 10:06:45 AM
When in Rome!

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #23 on: January 19, 2020, 01:40:38 PM
Barth, MD, OJD and I are on Steam, if you want to bang out a few turns before Football starts!

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #24 on: January 19, 2020, 01:51:29 PM
Be right there  :D

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #25 on: January 19, 2020, 03:52:38 PM
New game is up Barth.. password pooch

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #26 on: January 19, 2020, 04:18:21 PM
Got it. Hide the password or some random may join.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #27 on: January 19, 2020, 08:05:24 PM
I don't think it matters, we're all in now

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

besilarius

• Corporal
Reply #28 on: January 20, 2020, 08:07:05 AM
Looking forward to hearing about this! 
Pretty sure that once I get a new, reliable system, FOG will be a first day purchase.
Good luck to all and don't screw the pooch.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #29 on: January 20, 2020, 01:16:40 PM
Are they still working on the big diplomacy update? 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike