Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Blast from the Past  (Read 4542 times)

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
on: June 30, 2020, 04:12:38 PM
I feel 'wrong' throwing these in the trash  :-\

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 04:40:28 PM
I'd find it tough too, unless I was moving. I had to throw out a lot of stuff like this before I moved. :(

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 07:36:41 PM
I have two of those on my shelf. I never got a manual with SP3 because I got it in one of those CD compilations with SP1 and SP2, along with some mission disks and a manuals disk.

Save them. They take up little space. Or, failing that, list them on eBay for a buck each so someone else can enjoy them.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 07:40:18 PM
Save them. They take up little space. Or, failing that, list them on eBay for a buck each so someone else can enjoy them.

Mail them to BC for his next "Mystery Unboxing"

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 09:25:09 PM
I have two of those on my shelf. I never got a manual with SP3 because I got it in one of those CD compilations with SP1 and SP2, along with some mission disks and a manuals disk.

I think I have the SP1 and SP2 disks down cellar somewhere along with campaign disk. heck, I think I have Red Baron and Aces of Pacific/over Europe Floppys somewhere.

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 10:05:32 PM
When I got my copy of Red Baron it came with floppies for the 16 cooler version. I was able to send them back in exchange for the 256 color ones that had just been released as an upgrade and also became standard on future box releases.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 07:23:01 AM
I think I might still have that Civ II one.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 07:53:04 AM
I still regard the Jules Verne scenario from CIV II: Fantastic Worlds as one of my all-time favorite scenarios.

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

Davout

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 08:32:14 AM
- I think i have a FALCON 3.0 copy and an expansion in the basement.  Never fully understood how to play it.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 09:01:34 AM
The documentation alone for Falcon 3.0 was almost as impressive as the flight manual for F-16 flight training, I think.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 07:08:47 PM
It certainly caused its fair share of deforestation.

judgedredd

Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 01:22:15 AM
Man - I remember calling my dad and telling him about this amazing, totally immersive game called European Air War and I absolutely loved Steel Panthers III

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 10:32:09 AM
The guy who does my Pest Control had a nephew who was studying Data Processing and he bought all my old Amiga games in their original boxes. The Gold Box series, Might & Magic, Battles of Napoleon, and Kampgruppe. I still feel like I sold-out all my Old and Dear Friends.  :'(

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming