Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Saturday Night Fights - C&C Napoleonics!  (Read 20881 times)

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #45 on: January 01, 2020, 04:26:36 PM

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #46 on: January 01, 2020, 04:30:32 PM
 :bigthumb: Thank you from me as well.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #47 on: January 01, 2020, 05:17:35 PM
Thanks for the assist OJ :).

Almost all the other stuff -- figures -- can be found by searching under Napoleon in the workshop.

The TERRAIN is stolen from a fellow by the name of "lazyboy", but you can just as readily appropriate it from my mods which will include the hexmap painted by my wife.

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #48 on: January 02, 2020, 08:52:10 AM
Hi Mike, try this link to the Flex Table.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1169112551

Thanks Mike. I have visited the link, subscribed to the table - but that's it. No Download button provided, no direction to some other part of the chaos that is STEAM, so I'm no further advanced  :(. What am I supposed to do to access the table within my copy of TTS?

Cheers,
Mike

I started with nothing and still have most of it left

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #49 on: January 02, 2020, 09:53:39 AM
Thanks for the assist OJ :).

Almost all the other stuff -- figures -- can be found by searching under Napoleon in the workshop.

The TERRAIN is stolen from a fellow by the name of "lazyboy", but you can just as readily appropriate it from my mods which will include the hexmap painted by my wife.

I've located all the stuff using the "Napoleon" search in the TTS workshop. However, there seems to be no way to download anything after I have subscribed. I guess I must be doing something wrong but I find STEAM to be a confusing morass of tabs, colours, exhortations to buy, pictures to look at, etc., etc. and most of it just leads to more of the same. Apart from Facebook, I find it the least user-friendly site I have to deal with. Can you offer any help, please?

Cheers,
Mike

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #50 on: January 02, 2020, 09:55:00 AM
In TTS's main menu, if you click on create button and then single player, it then goes to another screen, and on there, next to the DLC tab, you sould see any workshop items that you have subscribed to, such as flex table. Click on that to load it.

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #51 on: January 02, 2020, 10:13:16 AM
Well, I never.. who's Magical Mr Mystopheles, then? That worked but why the mystery on STEAM's part as to how all this is supposed to happen? Until just now, nobody told me that all I had to do was run TTS and my STEAM subscriptions would all get carried over. Oh, of course, I should already have known that, shouldn't I? (That was sarcasm not nastiness - well, irony, I suppose)  :-\ Seriously, Bob, I'm very grateful.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #52 on: January 02, 2020, 10:20:09 AM
No problem -  glad to be of help  :bigthumb:

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #53 on: January 02, 2020, 12:01:27 PM
Mike, when you subscribe to a workshop item in Steam, it automatically downloads.  If you open the Steam client, on the bottom of the screen, you should see Downloads.  If you click there, you can see which programs have had downloads done, whether they're updates to the base games by the developers or new/updates to workshop content.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #54 on: January 02, 2020, 02:07:33 PM
I just learned a trick yesterday.  I was playing around with Starfire Quick Start rules and the TTS workshop module.  I found I could load the QS pdf into the game.  Make it very handy when learning a game. 

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #55 on: January 03, 2020, 07:14:59 AM
 ;D
Mike, when you subscribe to a workshop item in Steam, it automatically downloads.  If you open the Steam client, on the bottom of the screen, you should see Downloads.  If you click there, you can see which programs have had downloads done, whether they're updates to the base games by the developers or new/updates to workshop content.

Thanks, Mike. I think I've got the hang of this aspect of Steam - after a struggle  ;). I have a feeling that my plan to modify miniatures will have to be indefinitely delayed. I don't have a working means of dealing with 3D models at the moment. But at least I can produce scenarios with what I do have.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #56 on: January 03, 2020, 07:38:18 AM
Thanks, Mike. I think I've got the hang of this aspect of Steam - after a struggle  ;). I have a feeling that my plan to modify miniatures will have to be indefinitely delayed. I don't have a working means of dealing with 3D models at the moment. But at least I can produce scenarios with what I do have.

Would Blender work for you with the 3D models.  It's free.

https://www.blender.org/

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #57 on: January 03, 2020, 02:52:33 PM

Blender is what is used for most of the TTS 3D work.

Thanks, Mike. I think I've got the hang of this aspect of Steam - after a struggle  ;) . I have a feeling that my plan to modify miniatures will have to be indefinitely delayed. I don't have a working means of dealing with 3D models at the moment. But at least I can produce scenarios with what I do have.

Would Blender work for you with the 3D models.  It's free.

https://www.blender.org/

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #58 on: January 04, 2020, 04:03:59 AM
I wasn't aware of Blender, so I'll check it out and see if it does what we want - thanks for the heads-up.

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #59 on: January 04, 2020, 11:27:23 AM
I wasn't aware of Blender, so I'll check it out and see if it does what we want - thanks for the heads-up.

Blender downloaded and installed. I can't make head or tail of it immediately. There are video tutorials but, when I try to watch them, I get an error message that my video streaming has a problem (and yet I can watch other videos without any trouble). As usual with these things, one will just have to persevere through the lack of info and assumptions by the techhies who design the software and then (mistakenly) believe they can write user manuals. Is there a theme developing here? Anyway, when I have a month or two (well a few hours, maybe), I'll do some delving and see if I can work out what I'm supposed to do. Watch this space.

One question: does anyone know what file format is used for the 3D models that are utilised in C&C:N? I shall also need access to at least one to load into Blender and I'd be surprised if the original designers would be over happy with letting me have one. So, if anyone has a line to the designer(s), can they put me in touch, please?

LATER: I think I've sorted out the video problem - the tutorials appear to insist that I play them on Google Chrome - no idea why. However, how to get one of the TTS figures into Blender to modify it is still a mystery.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 06:16:51 AM by mike0liver »