Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: WDS Naval Campaigns Demo  (Read 2940 times)

rahamy

• Jr. Trooper
on: July 14, 2023, 01:08:07 PM

Wargame Design Studio brings you more content today with the release of the demo for the Naval Campaigns series - Spanish-American War. You can read more about it and grab your free copy in todays blog post:

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/naval-campaigns-demo

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 01:28:58 PM
nice!

what's the most obscure battle you guys have in the game?  Was there one that was really hard to nail down the OOB for?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

rahamy

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 01:39:44 PM
nice!

what's the most obscure battle you guys have in the game? 

Most? Well, I guess that depends on the persons historical interest. Some would consider the Spanish Civil War pretty obscure, but for those interested in the period between the world wars it isn't all all. Or the French and Indian War... probably more would agree with that, but for those of us really interested in the time period we know its just an extension of what was really the first world war - i.e. the Seven Years War fought on multiple continents! But maybe our last full title released - Great Northern War - would hold that title... https://wargameds.com/products/great-northern-war

Was there one that was really hard to nail down the OOB for?

That assuredly would be Renaissance - the further back in time you go the murkier the details become. It can be hard tracking down the specifics in creating OOB's for almost any time, but when you start going back hundreds of years there's not a ton of details...

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 03:35:17 PM
what's the most obscure battle you guys have in the game? 

Most? Well, I guess that depends on the persons historical interest. Some would consider the Spanish Civil War pretty obscure

I was specifically asking about the most obscure battle in the Spanish-American War game, not necessarily all the games y'all have!  :)

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

rahamy

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 04:44:21 PM
Ha, we'll I'm not the scenario designer for this title, so can't really answer that. You can read Tim's notes here though for more details:

https://files.wargamedesignstudio.com/index.php/s/NJ2ESa4bLwJfCRt