Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: RPG Deals!  (Read 112806 times)

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #45 on: September 24, 2019, 04:02:18 PM
Three new Basic Fantasy role playing are available on Amazon or Lulu for purchase.

Stop costing me money!  >:(

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #46 on: September 24, 2019, 04:06:37 PM
Equipment Emporium, Adventure Anthology 2, and Castle by the Sea iirc, but again totally free for download at the basic fantasy site.

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #47 on: September 24, 2019, 04:13:48 PM
totally free for download at the basic fantasy site.

ohhhh...great site  :bigthumb:

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #48 on: September 24, 2019, 04:18:55 PM
I buy the paper books because I’m old and detest electronics at a gaming table. I like paper, dice, and occasionally some minis on a play mat. Sure it emphasizes my Luddite tendencies but hey my table my rules!

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #49 on: September 24, 2019, 05:10:59 PM
I buy the paper books because I’m old and detest electronics at a gaming table. I like paper, dice, and occasionally some minis on a play mat. Sure it emphasizes my Luddite tendencies but hey my table my rules!

Can I buy a +1 shortsword from your gumball machine?  :D

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #50 on: September 24, 2019, 05:15:05 PM
Sure but I don’t allow gum ball machines at my table!

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #51 on: September 30, 2019, 06:57:42 PM
Big Traveller same at Bundle of Holding

https://www.bundleofholding.com/presents/Traveller4

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #52 on: October 01, 2019, 04:33:58 PM
Traveller is a system I really need to look into more seriously. Of course, if I do eventually pick up some of the rulebooks it'll be in paper format.

What I really want is a rules light sci-fi game system which is not Star Wars or Star Trek. I should look more seriously at White Star but its an OSR variant of OD&D set in a Star Wars setting. And the fact it's $40 for a paperback copy of the rules from Lulu. Pretty ridiculous actually.

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #53 on: October 01, 2019, 05:42:28 PM
Star frontiers was a pretty decent rules light game.

The alternity/Star•Drive series wasn't bad either.

There are a bunch of different Savage worlds space settings.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #54 on: October 08, 2019, 04:03:09 PM
Bundle of Holding has a Delta Green RPG sale going on right now.   I'm running a campaign for my local group and we're having a blast.  I really like their take on modern day Cthulhu mythos.  The "history" of Delta Green from the 1920s until now as written in the Handler's book is excellent.  I never looked at the original version of Delta Green so I was unaware of the world they established.  TBH, the original seems like it's more interesting than the current version as it's got a lot more going on in terms of various sneaky agencies running around, engaging in conspiracies and fighting amongst one another than the current version but I understand that it had become stale for long time players and they wanted to put a new twist on things. 

Production values in the rulebooks and scenarios are great.  I do find some of the published scenarios are a little lacking though .  They're a little lacking in terms of establishing an effective mystery for the players to unravel.   They're either far too linear or much of the back story is so buried that the players will likely never learn or understand the reasons behind what they're investigating or up against.

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/DGOperations

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #55 on: October 08, 2019, 05:25:40 PM
Bundle of Holding has a Delta Green RPG sale going on right now.   I'm running a campaign for my local group and we're having a blast.  I really like their take on modern day Cthulhu mythos.  The "history" of Delta Green from the 1920s until now as written in the Handler's book is excellent.  I never looked at the original version of Delta Green so I was unaware of the world they established.  TBH, the original seems like it's more interesting than the current version as it's got a lot more going on in terms of various sneaky agencies running around, engaging in conspiracies and fighting amongst one another than the current version but I understand that it had become stale for long time players and they wanted to put a new twist on things. 

Production values in the rulebooks and scenarios are great.  I do find some of the published scenarios are a little lacking though .  They're a little lacking in terms of establishing an effective mystery for the players to unravel.   They're either far too linear or much of the back story is so buried that the players will likely never learn or understand the reasons behind what they're investigating or up against.

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/DGOperations

These are based on a series of novels by Charlie Stross. Might be worth the read if you enjoy the setting.

Also - pre-dates his Laundry Files novels, but was probably an inspiration for the setting: http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/stories/colderwar.htm

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #56 on: October 08, 2019, 06:56:45 PM
I have the audiobook versions of The Book of Cthulhu Vols I and II.  The Colder War story is in volume 1.  It's that story which convinced me to pick up a copy of Delta Green in the first place.

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #58 on: October 10, 2019, 12:45:18 PM

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #59 on: October 10, 2019, 12:47:59 PM
Hard to argue with the price.