Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: FFG will be discontinuing RPG development  (Read 6707 times)

Arctic Blast

• Jr Lancer
Reply #15 on: February 22, 2020, 08:58:16 PM
Welcome to what happens when a single game publisher becomes owned by an investment group and starts buying up every other game company they can get their hands on. Now we're at the 'strip out costs so we can sell this bitch to someone else'  stage of Asmodee's existence.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #16 on: February 23, 2020, 02:56:15 AM
One way is to have three core rules books which are mostly cut and past from the first one.

True. My family and I were playing a campaign a couple years back and this was annoying. Plus the ridiculous number of splat books. They were clearly trying to milk as much as they could but made it totally unappealing from a customer perspective. And add in the narrative dice that were proprietary so they were a pain in the ass to get enough to, you know, actually play the game with more than one person rolling at a time...

I have enough stuff if I ever want to run another campaign but they really messed it up.

Arctic Blast

• Jr Lancer
Reply #17 on: February 23, 2020, 06:37:02 PM
Incidentally, Asmodee has also changed their parts replacement process. In effect, they no longer have one. Missing something from your game? Return the whole thing and get a new copy. Of course, that's dependent on the store's return policy. Have fun!

https://www.asmodeena.com/en/customer-service-faq/

Of course, this only applies to North American customers. Europeans have things like actual consumer protection laws that would make something like this verboten.