Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Blood & Fury from LNLP  (Read 3347 times)

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #15 on: April 15, 2024, 10:46:11 AM
I was fine cutting LnL some slack - they dropped the ball on communication and loads of people were pissed about that.

But I thought they were turning a corner and going to do more regular updates...they haven't.

Speculation is rife - and in the absence of any official posts, lies, mistruths and speculation are the name of the game.

Sorry - LnL should be posting more updates. I don't particularly care - not really - but I do understand why other people are getting their knickers in a twist.

That's a pretty poor way to behave.

I've followed this kerfuffle from afar.

Taking lessons from the rest of the Kickstarter world, if you just communicate with your backers/customers, they'll be understanding. We may not like it, but we all know there are shipping delays and production problems and even personal crises.

But if you don't communicate, people will speculate.

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #16 on: April 16, 2024, 02:47:26 AM
Exactly. After all the poison being spat out and LnL coming forward to make a video update to appease the naysayers, they then went into the dark again.

I'm just a wee bit shocked you think it's a good idea to not give out regular updates when people have backed your product.

Again, I'm not fussed personally. I am fine waiting - but it just annoys me they are allowing this poison to gain momentum. They could've just nipped it in the bud by communicating early or, as is the case, once it got bad, they could have just stemmed the flow of poison. But nope. They seem quite happy for the Game Found boards and the BGG boards to be taken over by all the hate.

It's really, really taken alot of the shine off getting this game. I'm desperate to get it so the hate goes away now - not because I'm looking forward to getting it - as was the original case.

They have behaved really poorly.

neach-gleidhidh na h-Alba

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #17 on: April 16, 2024, 06:23:07 AM
Nature abhors a vacuum and that includes a vacuum in communication; something will always fill it.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love