Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: 7 Days to Die  (Read 4123 times)

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
on: September 25, 2021, 06:44:16 PM
It was mentioned on the lastest Dispatch POD cast that there may be some interest in doing some 7 Days to Die.  Dalinore and I jumped on an empty server that was at Day 1 and played for awhile today.  Neither one of us had played for a year or more.  Lots of fun.  Lots of relearning.  If you want to join, let us know.  At this point, just playing around until the next update comes out. 

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 07:03:57 PM
Since the podcast I've been looking into what it would take to set up a private server. I have some extra PCs around here that I could use. Of course, I won't attempt anything until the next update comes out (Alpha 20).

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 07:27:18 PM
7DtD servers are very cheap to rent too.

Rekim

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 09:06:14 PM
I'm up for some MP.

Perhaps we should consider a server when A20 drops.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 07:32:27 PM
I've noticed that there have been a number of small updates the last few weeks, including a 6mb one today.  Not sure when A20 will drop, but I'm guessing before Thanksgiving.  Seems like in the past they've dropped them around this time of year

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 07:45:52 PM
On another note, Dalinore and I have been poking around in an MP game on one of the free servers.  Diffently helps having at least 2 people.  Being able to get a zombie between the two of you and attacking them when their backs are turned to you helps a lot.

Also, skills.  If your playing as a group, you want to decide which skill everyone is taking early on.  There are some skills that at least one person needs, like Master Chef and Javlin that not everyone needs right away.  Javlin allow a person to make a spear, which is very handy in melee combat.  With one person being able to make them, others can spend their skill points in other areas.  Master Chef allows a perosn to make better food.  Again, that person can share the food with others.

If doing a group, it may be best to decide who wants to explore and gather items and who wants to build/maintain a base.  That may determine which skills people take early on.

Just some random thoughts. 

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 10:16:07 PM
This sure sounds interesting.

Rekim

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 09:24:40 PM
Alpha 20 has dropped, and the release notes for it are huge:

https://7daystodie.com/a20-official-release-notes/