Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Crusader Kings III Announced  (Read 35507 times)

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #105 on: September 09, 2022, 12:09:06 PM
A lot of the usual whining and screaming how Friends and Foes should be free LC. This is the first DLC that I potentially have to pay for as it is not included in my 'royal edition' season pass.

Always do what you feel is best.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #106 on: September 10, 2022, 03:00:00 AM
A lot of the usual whining and screaming how Friends and Foes should be free LC.

It's possible the whiners & screamers aren't wrong, given how lack of content is perhaps the single most common critique I continue to see regarding CK3.  On the flip side, the fanbase for Paradox games can be as toxic as any other, so I maintain a good dose of skepticism when it comes to both praise and hate. 

Probably the real question is, is this DLC worth forking over the $4.99 for it?  The sheer number & variety of events seem to all but guarantee you'd get your money's worth, though I get that for some, it's the principle of the thing. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #107 on: September 10, 2022, 03:17:51 AM
I’ve only played one and two but have always found you make your own game in CK - does lack of content mean the player is not been steered anywhere which is what the game has always done or is there a lack of those random events that made the game a hoot which I realise I was about to start listing but there’s too many to mention

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #108 on: September 10, 2022, 02:25:36 PM
For me personally it did not sound like the DLC was worth 4.99. I didn't get it.

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #109 on: September 10, 2022, 03:35:26 PM
For me personally it did not sound like the DLC was worth 4.99. I didn't get it.

I usually wait for them to go on sale so I'm consistently 1 or 2 DLC packs behind :)

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #110 on: September 10, 2022, 04:40:11 PM
^Me too. For CKII I bought a pack with almost every DLC and the original game at like 90% off a couple of years ago. And then not too much later CKII was being given away :/

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #111 on: February 08, 2023, 06:29:06 AM
If playing KoH2 and writing about it has done anything its switched on my CK buttons - a quick hover over 'friends who have this game' show Gus putting in a shameful 83 minutes but Commandtent and Barthheart logging in 40 hours and 133 hours respectively - so, gentlemen i take it its everything CK2 was and more and is an enjoyable romp?

Atilla 1212 also has me looking at a Genoan campaign in that game too

Curse cross-playable games library!

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #112 on: February 08, 2023, 07:12:11 AM
I know, I know - working on getting more time in with it soon-ish.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #113 on: February 08, 2023, 08:38:07 AM
If playing KoH2 and writing about it has done anything its switched on my CK buttons - a quick hover over 'friends who have this game' show Gus putting in a shameful 83 minutes but Commandtent and Barthheart logging in 40 hours and 133 hours respectively - so, gentlemen i take it its everything CK2 was and more and is an enjoyable romp?

Yes indeed I’m finding CKIII to be very interesting/entertaining to play. Most of those hours were played as the Byzantine Empire. Trying to expand it and hold it together every time there is a succession takes lots of pre planning, skull duggery, family selling, and money grubbing. Turns out that your own subjects are worse than foreign invaders! Great fun.  :bigthumb:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #114 on: February 08, 2023, 08:34:28 PM

Yes indeed I’m finding CKIII to be very interesting/entertaining to play. Most of those hours were played as the Byzantine Empire. Trying to expand it and hold it together every time there is a succession takes lots of pre planning, skull duggery, family selling, and money grubbing. Turns out that your own subjects are worse than foreign invaders! Great fun.  :bigthumb:

Agreed, it is a ton of fun. Tried to create a Prussian Empire but kept having to many kids so they were always splitting everything up after I died and it took my heir forever to put it back together. I tried several solutions most of which failed or were frowned upon by people. Then the Viking raids got worse, my allies left me and things just went downhill from there.  Now I'm trying to create an Ethiopian Empire in Africa which was going well until my sex crazed ruler started sleeping with everyone and having kids left and right. Now literally everyone and their mother has a claim to my kingdom.   8)

UCG you would find comedy gold to write about in CKIII.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #115 on: February 08, 2023, 09:01:20 PM
UCG you would find comedy gold to write about in CKIII.

he did it for 2-1/2 years with CK II

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #116 on: February 16, 2023, 01:22:15 PM
so far - its Obertos dad that you start playing, oberto is the heir, i married the father to Matilda the duchess of Tuscany - hes 55, shes 21 and babies keep popping out of her. Oberto is married to the countess of Spolleti(?) shes called the Impaler - she does not have pegging as one of her traits. He now has half sisters and half brothers all over tuscany - there will be wars - Obertos son is married to the daughter of the English king with many claims, and i got a matrilineal marriage with the son of the King of Siciliy and have claims on Sicily - its everything i remembered and more  :biggrin:

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #117 on: February 19, 2023, 04:11:44 AM
Stop it, geek!  You're making me want to try diving back into CK2 again.  >:( 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #118 on: February 19, 2023, 12:37:29 PM
It’s like putting comfy old slippers on!!

Not seeing a vast difference between 2 and 3 but I was so far behind on 2 with the dlc it was easier to get in on the ground floor with 3

Loving the hook mechanism so far for dirty intrigue

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #119 on: June 16, 2023, 03:22:16 AM