Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Western Legends  (Read 3555 times)

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
on: January 13, 2020, 07:12:19 AM
Picked this up for about $14 just before Christmas. It's normally $75 or so.

This is an Old West themed 'versus' game where all players are trying to be the first to get a certain number of Legend Points (the number of which determines the length of the game - the more, the longer it is). It feels like a sandbox, because you can pretty much do anything you want to do, and there's paths for being a bad guy or a good guy, or you can just say eff it and do whatever you want and ignore that (though it's not recommended because Legend Points come more easily when you choose to be a black or a white hat). You can wrangle/rustle cattle, mine for gold, play poker in the saloon, throw a party in the Cabaret, fight bandits, uphold the law, be a criminal, get chased by the Sheriff, and any number of other things.

Players that choose to be bad guys can be arrested by good guys. The real draw of being a black hat is, there's a lot more Legend Points to be had that way, though it's much riskier. I think it's a good play balance but I've not played it too much. So far so good though.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

GriffinTwoSix

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 07:34:54 AM
Played this our last couple game nights, was very impressed. Was very easy to learn, felt like we were up to speed within 15min or so. Nice length of game time too, felt just right. Probably my favorite non-wargame currently!