Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: "Grander Imperialism"  (Read 2436 times)

GROGnadsUSA

on: June 19, 2021, 03:24:41 PM
Hoi anyone of whom played either 1st or 2nd 'Rules' iteration for "Grand Imperialism". I was recently reminded upon this, either from reading about such, or in 'passing' with regards to 'Pirates' being "broached". This was akin with "RISK" except there were much more 'indepth' aspects, than that entailed. You would venture around their 'Fantasized World', make "Discoveries" inroads, and establish 'Colonies' with 'Facility Improvements'  in due "time" so, prodigious "5-X" then!  Anyways, of course 'moi' would devise vaster array for that, and primarily of whatever should become feasible or improved such by 'construction. I'm trying to recollect these, but, they may just 'derive' devising from "common senses" For example, along 'Rivers' you might construct a 'Dam' and this increased the VALUE for the AREA it is within. Then, there are several kinds for 'MINES'-Gold, Silver, Diamond, etc. as each too, shall increase their "Wealth Value". Anyplace exceeding past "6" or "1" depending on your 'Rules', shall automatically garner a 'Gold'/etc. every Turn FROM each 'Improvement' present/built, along with if the "Wealth" numeral for any AREA is attained too.

I created these as some furtherance FOR akin to "Source of the Nile", while being simpler ala "G.I." They included 'Blank/Color-related Control Markers'-('props' at Lou Courtney) as WHITE with Black markings shown. I figured upon using 'Color Paper' then being printed onto those, while the use of 'rub-on iconography' and 'Hand Drawn' where it is made. One notion of mine is using them onto "G.I." 'gamemap' and having color 'Grease Pen' tracing some "Paths"/'Incursion Trail' of them