Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: New modern tank simulator in development - Gunner, HEAT, PC!  (Read 2505 times)

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
I am playing with the public demo and I am interested to see where it ends up.

It looks gorgeous with maxed settings on my new I9 rig but It runs ok on my older Win 7 ASUS rig with some graphics tweaking. The developers are the first to admit it has not been fully optimized. The FAQ talks about working on both multiplayer and multi-crew options.

https://gunnerheatpc.com/

I will stay off my soapbox on my feelings about the the current state of Steel Beasts. I am just glad to see someone trying to develop something that might be an alternative.

They also are looking for support through Patreon. I'm about ready to sign up to get the next level demo.

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

Dave Pumphouse

• Trooper
There is another called 'Sherman Commander' that you can check out on steam that looks pretty cool also :)

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
I will look at it but there seems to be a fair number of WWII sims out there. It is the modern gear that only seems to be available in Steel Beasts. That is what makes GHPC so interesting to me.

I don't care for either the sales or DRM model used by Steel Beast. That horse has been beaten to smithereens elsewhere. I will leave it at that.

I'm just glad to see another dev team taking a stab at modern armored warfare.

Thanks for the tip though, Dave!

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington