Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Interstellar Space Genesis  (Read 27450 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #75 on: March 29, 2021, 10:02:19 PM
I see that were was another new MOO released a few years ago.

Yes, Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars came out in 2016.  It's disappointing as a MOO sequel, but it's a decent 4x game overall, though. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #76 on: June 03, 2021, 03:28:47 AM
1.3 Beta Update available on unstable Steam branch: 

https://steamcommunity.com/games/984680/announcements/detail/3038221134329964611

This one looks nice & beefy.  Alongside the usual bug-fixes, balance changes, QoL improvements, etc., features include (but are not limited to):

*  AI empires can now surrender to you (they essentially become vassals); you no longer have to completely destroy them.
*  Alliance victory has (finally!) been added.
*  UI-scale slider option
*  Improved performance, especially for turn times, loading times, and combat lag. 
*  A crap-ton of AI improvements, especially with regards to how it handles fleets (on both the strategic and tactical levels). 

A lot of good stuff in this update.  I still wish they'd do something about the pacing, though! 

Anguille

• Jr Lancer
Reply #77 on: June 03, 2021, 04:47:45 AM
Looking good. Can't wait to try it.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #78 on: June 10, 2021, 06:30:55 PM
The 1.3 update has officially dropped!  (Full list of changes at the link.) 

https://steamcommunity.com/games/984680/announcements/detail/3038221134351198109

Interstellar Space: Genesis free 1.3 update released!

Hello everyone!

We are thrilled to announce that the new major and free! 1.3 update for Interstellar Space: Genesis is now available to all players!

This update has been on the unstable branch for beta testing to make sure there were no major unforeseen issues for the smoothest official release possible. We're happy to report that testing went very well, so we believe we're in very good shape. Thanks to everyone who played the unstable build and provided feedback!

Free 1.3 Update - Features and Improvements

Surrender Pact
The 1.3 highlights include the brand new Surrender Pact feature! With this new diplomacy treaty, you can now subjugate a rival into a surrender pact, and obtain benefits from it, instead of having to completely wipe it out of the game. Subjects vote for their overlord and contribute to all victory types. 56 new lines of dialog were added to accommodate the surrender pact diplomacy interactions. Check the release note below for all the details!

Alliance Victory
Also in 1.3 we now have the new Alliance Victory condition, where allies win together. When an empire wins, all its allies share victory. It can be enabled or disabled in the new game set up screen.

Steam Achievements
Steam Achievements were also added to the game! There are 57 achievements, which include 3 hidden ones and 7 for the first expansion pack, Natural Law. The achievements are also displayed in-game in a dedicated 'Achievements' screen.

AI Aggressiveness Level
The new 'AI Aggressiveness' option in the 'New Game' screen allows tweaking the desired aggression level for the AI. With higher aggressiveness, the AI will tend to be more hostile, attack more and declare war more often. It will also be more reluctant to sign diplomatic deals. The opposite effect for lower aggression than normal.

New Diplomacy Screen
The diplomacy UI was revamped! The diplomacy dialog screen is now displayed in full screen and the ambassador character is presented much larger, allowing for much more of the character to be seen and the different animations depending on their mood.

And, much more!
There's also a ton of major AI improvements
, performance improvements, a new UI-scale slider option
, QoL improvements and bug fixes, many of which in response to player feedback, and much more!

You can find the full change log for this update at the end of this post.

Compatibility and finishing an ongoing game

Saves from previous versions are not compatible with version 1.3. To everyone who helped beta test this update, please revert to the main branch by choosing 'None' in Steam's Betas tab. You can then resume playing with the official version now.

If you want to finish your current game with the previous version (1.2.4), please go to the Steam client -> Games -> View Games Library -> Right-Click on Interstellar Space: Genesis -> Choose Betas tab -> Select the "old_version" branch.

Important note: Custom races designed with previous versions will not work with the old version if you run the game once with the new version (after running 1.3 once, the custom races are updated to work with the new version). So, if you wish to finish a game with the previous version, please delete all your current custom races first, by deleting them in the folder C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG\Races, otherwise the game will not launch properly. This is only required if you wish to finish a game with the previous version.

Thanks

We want to thank everyone who has helped test this update. Big thanks to everyone who has bought the game so far. A big thank you also to our artist Camilo Abelayras for creating such beautiful icons for the Steam Achievements. Thank you.

We hope you like the free 1.3 update! As you know, we're doing all we can to keep improving the game and to win your support. If you have a few minutes to spare, and have been enjoying what we do, please leave us a review on Steam! ❤️

Have fun!
Praxis Games

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #79 on: June 10, 2021, 06:57:06 PM
Nice, beefy update! I need to give it another go.  :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Anguille

• Jr Lancer
Reply #80 on: June 11, 2021, 03:03:08 AM
I must say that i mostly look forward to the achievements. Gives me new goals to achieve.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #81 on: September 20, 2021, 09:34:30 PM
The devs posted a short dev blog regarding their progress on the 2nd expansion and accompanying update.  Looks like they're still looking at releasing later this year.  8) 

https://interstellarspacegame.com/forums/index.php?threads/isg-dev-diary-14-towards-expansion-2.1732/

We know you're probably curious about what expansion 2 entails. While it's a bit too soon to get into all the details, what we can share is this expansion will present a variety of new content and gameplay features which aim to promote new playstyles as well as improve replayability. It's exciting stuff, and we can't wait to start sharing more info about it with you in the near future. We promise it's going to be worth the wait!

Anguille

• Jr Lancer
Reply #82 on: September 23, 2021, 05:36:03 AM
I am ready!

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #83 on: September 24, 2021, 12:57:17 AM
Cheers, Anguille:rockon:  Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to this expansion as well.  The two races from the first expansion were nice, but I've really wanted to see ISG get fleshed out with new features & content.  Improving the pacing of the early game would be wonderful as well. 

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #84 on: April 28, 2022, 05:57:13 PM
2nd expansion announced at last:  Evolving Empires... 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1974170/Interstellar_Space_Genesis__Evolving_Empires/

The two big new features are Evolutions and Minor Civilizations.  Looks pretty good. 

*This* is the DLC I've really wanted to see.  Personally, I wish Praxis would have come out with this one first before Natural Law, but better late than never! 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #85 on: April 28, 2022, 06:16:42 PM
Interesting. I remember liking this game, I'll have to give it a go again when this drops.  :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Yskonyn

• Jr Lancer
  • Running an online thing is like herding cats
Reply #86 on: April 29, 2022, 10:16:38 AM
Looks great!
The glacial pace of the base game turned me off, but perhaps things are (optionally) more speedy by now.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #87 on: April 30, 2022, 05:31:50 AM
Praxis put out a dev diary giving us an overview of the Evolutions in the new DLC: 

https://interstellarspacegame.com/forums/index.php?threads/isg-dev-diary-15-evolving-empires-evolutions.1778/

Similar to the game's existing "Space Culture" perks, choosing Evolution perks are mutually exclusive for the most part -- you can choose one path or the other, but not both.  More specifically, you choose 1 of 2 Evolution "paths", which automatically cuts off the player from the other path not chosen for the remainder of the game.  Evolution perks are also more powerful than the normal Space Culture perks, so you can't pick new ones as often (your empire will need to "level up" multiple times before taking another Evolution perk). 

Seems like an interesting mechanic.  Sounds like it should be fun, as long as it's (more or less) balanced.  I also like the divergent and mutually exclusive paths, as it means more replayability. 

Looks great!
The glacial pace of the base game turned me off, but perhaps things are (optionally) more speedy by now.

The slow pace remains ISG's biggest weakness for me as well.  I'm curious (and hopeful) that this will addressed/improved in the free update accompanying the new DLC. 

Anguille

• Jr Lancer
Reply #88 on: May 01, 2022, 08:44:11 AM
The slow pace remains ISG's biggest weakness for me as well.  I'm curious (and hopeful) that this will addressed/improved in the free update accompanying the new DLC.
I think the slow pace is intended and is, imho, unlikely going to change. My main problem is the slow production of ships and the single line of production (ships/buidlings) unlike in Armada 2526. Still, i think i'll get that DLC as well. 

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #89 on: May 01, 2022, 03:12:50 PM
Agreed, the single build queues combined with long construction times is definitely the biggest issue as far as I'm concerned. 

I suspect you're also correct that this is deliberate on the part of the devs, but I'm a bit baffled as to why.  Given the game's pacing remains one of its single biggest critiques, you'd think they'd do more to address it. 

Ah, well.  For all its flaws, ISG is still a good game, and I'm looking forward to this DLC.