Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Stardrive 2  (Read 9767 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #45 on: February 13, 2021, 12:00:43 AM
The weekend update has dropped.  Looks like a nice smorgasbord of changes & improvements. 

https://steamcommunity.com/games/252450/announcements/detail/4219280084033173273

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #46 on: February 24, 2021, 04:29:27 PM
A smaller update this time, mostly bug-fixes.  I'm totally okay with this. 

https://steamcommunity.com/games/252450/announcements/detail/3060730254426879369

Hello Space Friends,

This is a small bug fixing update to get back into the swing of things after a few days off. Please keep your bug reports coming.

1.5g

Fixed an issue where the “criminal rendezvous” event would attempt to spawn and cause the game to hang
    Fixed issue where pops would transport instantly
    Fixed a bug where pop transports could get stuck in space near their destination
    Fixed issue where starting a new game after having a game loaded would cause the game to hang
    Fixed bug where Micro-Singularity Cannons were not ignoring shields
    Fixed issue with Canopy Shields that would sometimes send ships flying off into space. This may have fixed other wonky observed behaviors with Canopy shields. Everything appears to be working as intended but please let me know if you see any oddness.
    Fixed a bug that could cause the game to hang upon completely eliminating an enemy race
    Minor optimizations to strategy map

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #47 on: February 24, 2021, 04:47:24 PM
Not as nice as the Shadow Empire list you posted but he is churning them out faster than Vic is.  8)

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #48 on: February 24, 2021, 11:12:31 PM
Not as nice as the Shadow Empire list you posted but he is churning them out faster than Vic is.  8)

Heh, right? 

I will say that Dan's patching schedule (strategy?) so far has made me realize that I prefer smaller, but more frequent patches; versus updates that are more substantial, but spaced further apart.  I know there's long been an argument/debate among the PC gaming community as to which method is better, but personally, I think I'm pretty much sold on the "frequent/small" school of thought. 

Granted, that's also much easier to pull off these days with digital distribution channels like Steam and GOG.  It's not hard to understand why less frequent updates were the norm 2-3 decades ago. 

« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 02:55:29 PM by Martok »

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #49 on: February 25, 2021, 07:55:57 AM
 :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #50 on: March 16, 2021, 11:57:01 PM
Another patch has dropped, after a few weeks of relative quiet.  Sounds like we should see updates become a bit more frequent again after this. 

https://steamcommunity.com/games/252450/announcements/detail/5210074706973160506