Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 228490 times)

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #330 on: September 27, 2019, 04:58:06 PM
I've FINALLY gotten my Combat Mission games up to Engine 4 so maybe I'll start a new campaign there. Or work on an old one. Have a great weekend Dragoons.

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #331 on: September 27, 2019, 05:12:53 PM
Horse & Musket for me.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #332 on: September 27, 2019, 05:20:35 PM
Am about 20 years into my United Earth campaign in Stellais' New Horizons mod.  I'm in a coalition with the other founding members of the UFP (Vulcans, Andorians, & Tellarites), so it should be only a matter of time before I can officially form the Federation.  8) 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #333 on: September 27, 2019, 05:54:17 PM
No idea, but likely more Nightfighter Ace, and maybe some Mosby's Raiders too.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #334 on: September 27, 2019, 07:53:02 PM
I am taking five bottles of scotch (4 of which I got a week ago in Scotland) to a buddy who has a bunch of single malts he wants me to try.  My forecast - someone will drive me home.

I'm also reading game rules this weekend - mostly Battles for Spain. 

Another wonderful game, Pacific Tide, has arrived joining my other unplayed tabletop wargames.  I need to finish Big Trouble in Little China and make room for something else.

:bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #335 on: September 27, 2019, 09:38:09 PM
This worries me, because Pacific Tide is another game of mine I'd like to get to the table, as well as Big Trouble in Little China.  :bigthumb:

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #336 on: September 28, 2019, 07:20:22 PM
I'll be playing ASL on the club game day tomorrow.  I have an opponent, and I chose a late-war scenario based on some German units fleeing west to escape the Russians.  There's some heavy metal in the form of IS-2 tanks.  I forget what's on the German side, but it's probably something comparable.  Should be fun.

Had a great game today.  A real twist was that the tanks had to stay on the roads or on the hills or risk bogging (which happened to one of my Panthers).  The Russian 122Ls are lethal, but so are sneaky German infantry with Panzerschrecks and inherent Panzerfausts.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #337 on: September 29, 2019, 02:06:29 PM
 :2thumbs:

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #338 on: September 29, 2019, 08:12:17 PM
Broke out Car Wars today.  Hadn’t played in ages  so I’m sure I screwed up some rules regarding movement/initiative order but we ruled that every time you got hit, that was a sip of G&T and every skid or spin out was a shot.  People were pulling some very high risk maneuvers for some reason.  I ended up spinning out and crashing into, through, and out a building. That was a good 1/3rd of a bottle right there.  Best game ever!

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #339 on: September 29, 2019, 10:44:31 PM
Broke out Car Wars today.  Hadn’t played in ages  so I’m sure I screwed up some rules regarding movement/initiative order but we ruled that every time you got hit, that was a sip of G&T and every skid or spin out was a shot.  People were pulling some very high risk maneuvers for some reason.  I ended up spinning out and crashing into, through, and out a building. That was a good 1/3rd of a bottle right there.  Best game ever!

:bigthumb:

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #340 on: October 05, 2019, 06:02:58 AM
I'm playing ASL on Sunday with two friends.  We're playing a scenario set around Moscow during the winter of 41-42.  Should be fun.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #341 on: October 05, 2019, 07:32:12 AM
I'm playing ASL on Sunday with two friends.  We're playing a scenario set around Moscow during the winter of 41-42.  Should be fun.

Which side are you?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #342 on: October 05, 2019, 11:53:50 AM

Which side are you?

We have a house rule that we roll for sides before the game, so I don't know.  The Russians have two distinct groups - one with elite troops and the other with partisans - so two players will take that side.  The scenario is based on a Russian counterattack to dislodge Germans in a village. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #343 on: October 05, 2019, 05:14:51 PM
I went to the monthly meetup for old fogey grogs.  Normally, I run a game but I was feeling lazy and decided to just hop into a game of Battletech rather than lug all my stuff down and have to deal with set up and tear down.

Fun game, bit slow paced but I managed to survive and be the only mech on our side not to die or take any internals.

Good turnout.  I'd say 50-60 people and 10 or so games being run.  I snapped photos of the WWI air combat game using the Canvas Eagles rules and a Nappy naval game that were going on at other tables.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #344 on: October 05, 2019, 05:48:52 PM
that looks like a fun weekend

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love