Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 228492 times)

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #585 on: May 21, 2020, 08:33:31 PM
Old World. I'm digging it so far. I think it's going to be a masterpiece once it's done.

I've been keeping an eye on that one. I'm pretty likely to pick it up at some point.

It's good, do it. Lots of different stuff from Civ.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #586 on: May 21, 2020, 08:52:23 PM
I've got to get my mind off things and keep playing some Pavlov's House from DVG, to continue writing up an AAR. I have Paths of Glory that I'd really like to get to the table - that or Unconditional Surrender, as well as Nightfighter Ace or Interceptor Ace.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #587 on: May 21, 2020, 09:13:25 PM
Old World. I'm digging it so far. I think it's going to be a masterpiece once it's done.

Man, don't make me join Epic.  :-\

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #588 on: May 21, 2020, 10:10:36 PM

DO IT!
 >:D

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #589 on: May 21, 2020, 10:58:32 PM

It's still got a lot of rough edges, but damn...I'm having a great time anyway. It's got that "one more turn" quality that the best games have. I'm especially enjoying the random events and knowing they are going to at least triple in number is sweet anticipation. I'll take Steam over Epic any day and twice on Sunday but I'm not second guessing myself on this one.

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #590 on: May 22, 2020, 12:02:02 AM
Warhammer II for me.  Now that the new DLC and update have dropped, it's time to play with some dragons!  :D 

And if I get bored of that, I figure I'll grab the Persia DLC for Field of Glory: Empires and fire it up.  8) 

I just remind myself that the game is still in alpha, and that I already have a crapload of games I've yet to really play.  ;) 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #591 on: May 22, 2020, 09:33:21 AM
Gloomhaven, for the umpteenth weekend in a row.

I'm surprised we haven't done one GH game since Quarantine started. My older son (who owns it, has been with us for 3 weeks now).

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #592 on: May 22, 2020, 09:55:00 AM
That would be a lot of fun. I've only had a chance to play the first mission thus far.

'Course it may also be a cluster, but I think that's part of the fun, right?

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #593 on: May 22, 2020, 01:03:07 PM
In honor of Memorial Day here in the States, I'm drinking all weekend in remembrance of all the Pixeltruppen who've given their virtual lives in all my botched games I've played. THANK YOU ALL for your many pointless sacrifices over the years to keep me entertained.   :notworthy:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #594 on: May 29, 2020, 09:05:36 PM
I'm getting ready for my VASL game tomorrow.  We're going to play a scenario from the New England Volunteers pack set in a village on the eastern front in July 1943.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

Cyrano

• Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #595 on: May 29, 2020, 09:21:23 PM
Blood Bowl Tournament game

WAGRAM

Maybe, maybe, maybe some Oathmark on Sunday.

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #596 on: May 29, 2020, 09:37:54 PM
I'm getting ready for my VASL game tomorrow.  We're going to play a scenario from the New England Volunteers pack set in a village on the eastern front in July 1943.

Is it based on an actual historical battle? Or are you guys just sort of winging it?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #597 on: May 29, 2020, 09:54:21 PM
Tomorrow night, I'm going to continued to get steamrolled on the left flank by the French III Corps.

Going to spend a little time working on my Der Weltkrieg: Italian Front game in TTS.  I thought I had all of the Italian infantry divisions done, but when I started to import them into TTS, I didn't like them.  So, I've go to enlarge the unit ID's on all of them. That' 60 units, 2 sides per unit.  I've got it done so I can do about a unit in less than a minute.

I may also see about starting to build a TTS port for LNL's Storming the Gap.  Might be nice for SNL some time in the near future.

Going to get some HOI IV in.  Playing The Great War mod. 

And going to try to start learning Blood Bowl II. 

I'm going to try something new.  I'm going to set a 1 hour timer for each activity, except for the SNF game, and try and make sure I don't spend too much time on just one item. 

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #598 on: May 29, 2020, 10:09:14 PM
Blood Bowl game

Pavlov's House (DVG)

Star Trek Expeditions

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #599 on: May 30, 2020, 05:54:34 AM
Is it based on an actual historical battle? Or are you guys just sort of winging it?

Yes, it's based on an actual historical battle between Panzergrenadier-Division Grossdeutschland and the Soviet 1st Tank Army that happened in the village of Syrzewo, Russia on 7 July 1943 as part of Operation Citadel.  The Germans took the village, but now have to defend it against a Russian counterattack.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 06:05:46 AM by trailrunner »

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.