Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 228502 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #645 on: June 08, 2020, 10:53:17 PM
There is something about that speech that stirs the blood.  :rockon:   

I usually hear Kenneth Branagh's voice in my head when reading that speech; I've long been a sucker for his film adaptations of Shakespeare's works.  Sometimes, however, it's Brian Blessed's voice I hear instead; I would love to have heard him give that speech live, in an actual theater. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #646 on: June 09, 2020, 06:45:15 AM
Yep - his version is, to me, the best one in recent years - I have watched it several times.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #647 on: June 28, 2020, 06:45:58 AM
My weekend gaming consisted of horizontally conforming to the sofa beneath me.  I wound up getting sick last week with a severe UTI.  My WBC was over 22 (normal range is 3.5-11), and I think I even impressed my doctor with how high that was.  I was in such bad shape that I didn't even feel like opening the new ASL module that arrived in the mail, and I had no interest in my weekend cigar.  I had a couple of VASL offers, but did not feel like sitting for several hours concentrating on a game.  The good news is that the worst is behind me and I'm feeling halfway normal now.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #648 on: June 28, 2020, 07:06:41 AM
Glad to hear that you're feeling better - hope you fully recover soon.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #649 on: June 28, 2020, 07:58:18 AM
The wife and I gave got this for each other as part of our anniversary celebration this weekend and are playing through the first few scenarios. So far so go good! Never played granddaddy Gloomhaven so we wanted to see what all the fuss is about.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #650 on: June 28, 2020, 08:04:32 AM
Have fun!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #651 on: June 28, 2020, 08:42:44 AM
Glad to hear that you're feeling better - hope you fully recover soon.

+100

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #652 on: June 28, 2020, 10:23:23 AM
I have Wake Island (by LnL) and Big Trouble in Little China set up and both are quite fun.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #653 on: June 28, 2020, 12:04:29 PM
That's really tough Trailrunner. The sickest I've ever been I think was when I got a Bladder Infection many years ago. I lost about 25 pounds because I just didn't want to eat anything and was weak and generally miserable. Plus I had to pee constantly and when I went to.... couldn't. To top it off, I was in Nursing School at the time and couldn't miss class or Clinicals. About 2 weeks worth of suffering before I got over it. I feel for you man.  :applause:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #654 on: June 28, 2020, 12:07:59 PM
My weekend gaming consisted of horizontally conforming to the sofa beneath me.  I wound up getting sick last week with a severe UTI.  My WBC was over 22 (normal range is 3.5-11), and I think I even impressed my doctor with how high that was.  I was in such bad shape that I didn't even feel like opening the new ASL module that arrived in the mail, and I had no interest in my weekend cigar.  I had a couple of VASL offers, but did not feel like sitting for several hours concentrating on a game.  The good news is that the worst is behind me and I'm feeling halfway normal now.

Man, that sucks. I thought I was getting hit with the same thing about a week ago, but fortunately dodged the bullet.

I hope you're feeling better soon and can get back to the gaming table!

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #655 on: June 28, 2020, 12:36:38 PM
Definitely messed up to get sick now...can't imagine how that must feel. It's saying something about severity when TL doesn't feel like ogling his new ASL module! Hope you continue to mend quickly.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #656 on: June 28, 2020, 01:07:13 PM
That's really tough Trailrunner. The sickest I've ever been I think was when I got a Bladder Infection many years ago. I lost about 25 pounds because I just didn't want to eat anything and was weak and generally miserable. Plus I had to pee constantly and when I went to.... couldn't. To top it off, I was in Nursing School at the time and couldn't miss class or Clinicals. About 2 weeks worth of suffering before I got over it. I feel for you man.  :applause:

Thanks for the positive thoughts.  Yeah, those sudden urges to pee are powerful.

My "sickest I've ever been" story is similar to yours.  Winter quarter, junior year of engineering undergrad.  Every class is a weed-out class.  I'm doing OK, but then I get chicken pox.  When you get them as an adult, you get very sick, and I was very sick.  One of my classes had homework 3 times a week, which is unusual.  I asked the teacher if I could defer my homework for just a week given my dire condition, and he refused.  So as sick as I was, I did my homework as scheduled,, and my girlfriend (now my wife) visited me to pick them up, and turned them in for me.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #657 on: June 28, 2020, 09:27:11 PM
Glad you're feeling better, trailrunner.  UTI's are a real bitch.  Here's hoping you're up to opening your new ASL module soon! 

The wife and I gave got this for each other as part of our anniversary celebration this weekend and are playing through the first few scenarios. So far so go good! Never played granddaddy Gloomhaven so we wanted to see what all the fuss is about.

Nice!  Looks like fun.  :bigthumb: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #658 on: June 29, 2020, 06:30:34 AM
Sorry to hear about the UTI Trailrunner. It's good that things are headed in the right direction though.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Davout

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #659 on: June 29, 2020, 07:02:44 AM
- Beginning with EUROPE ENGULFED on TTS.