Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 228499 times)

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #720 on: July 17, 2020, 07:06:19 PM
I'll be playing some Time of Crisis single-handed until the expansion arrives next week. Seems like a great game that's easy to solo without the expansion, though I'm looking forward to what that can add to it, bot-wise. The components are nice and the rulebook is easy to read.

Time of Crisis is a fun game. Jason Pratt ran an online game with 4 of us. Very interesting mechanics and decisions to make.
 :bigthumb:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #721 on: July 17, 2020, 09:29:12 PM
Played another game of Imperial Struggle with a friend this afternoon.  Good back and forth with neither of us really able to get much done militarily.  Britain managed to snap up control of the cotton and spice trade in India, furs in North America and sugar in the Caribbean while locking down France's tobacco producing regions with uprisings and minor wars and won the game on VP auto victory after the 7 Years War. 

Going to play Stellar Horizons tomorrow (or maybe Aliens vs. Predator: The Hunt Begins if everyone's feeling like something lighter and more shooty).

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #722 on: July 17, 2020, 09:31:36 PM
More Stellaris for me, albeit rolled back to the 2.1.3 version, and with a couple mods installed.  Despite missing all the cool features from the Ancient Relics and Federations DLC, I at least enjoy the game again. 

I'm also looking at starting a new campaign in Rome II, as the DEI mod just received a major update.  Whoot!  :rockon: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #723 on: July 17, 2020, 09:45:30 PM
Going to play Stellar Horizons tomorrow (or maybe Aliens vs. Predator: The Hunt Begins if everyone's feeling like something lighter and more shooty).

I have AvP but the manual is about half the size of a normal one, as is the print, so it's damned hard to get through.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #724 on: July 17, 2020, 09:53:26 PM

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #725 on: July 17, 2020, 10:10:35 PM
Cool, thanks. I'd given up on it a while ago.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #726 on: July 17, 2020, 10:42:26 PM
I'll be playing some Time of Crisis single-handed until the expansion arrives next week. Seems like a great game that's easy to solo without the expansion, though I'm looking forward to what that can add to it, bot-wise. The components are nice and the rulebook is easy to read.

Time of Crisis is a fun game. Jason Pratt ran an online game with 4 of us. Very interesting mechanics and decisions to make.

We should have run it at Origins.   :whistle:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #727 on: July 17, 2020, 10:47:46 PM

Sorry, a...whutnow?

Arctic Blast

• Jr Lancer
Reply #728 on: July 17, 2020, 11:38:26 PM
On the table, going to give Spirit Island and Ride the Rails a try. I also need to figure out what parts of the all-in Nemesis pledge I bought up I'm going to keep, and which ones I'm going to flip.

On the PC, maybe Mutant Year Zero? Maybe 40K Gladius? Maybe Assassin's Creed Odyssey? Maybe something else? I don't know. I need to pick something and just go. Or I could get back to Terminator Resistance.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #729 on: July 17, 2020, 11:40:45 PM
Wish I could afford Nemesis in one go. That KS was expensive.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #730 on: July 17, 2020, 11:41:32 PM

Genius idea!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Arctic Blast

• Jr Lancer
Reply #731 on: July 18, 2020, 12:00:40 AM
Wish I could afford Nemesis in one go. That KS was expensive.

I snagged it second hand for less than the KS was, and it was still enough that there was a lengthy pause before I pulled the trigger.

It is a fun game, though. But it can be brutally hard, and in typical Awaken Realms fashion, the rulebook is pretty meh.

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #732 on: July 18, 2020, 09:24:21 PM
At the behest of my wife we ordered and received Undaunted Normandy as she enjoys deck builders and was intrigued by a review of it on The Dice Tower.  I'm really hoping we can enjoy this one together.

In other news I've somehow finally convinced my wife and few members of the extended family to give D&D a shot and so I'm now on the hook for introducing them all to RPGs as a DM with very little experience. Needless to say I'm altogether excited and terrified. So this next month I'll be helping them create characters and figure out Zoom/Skype for running the game as we are all fairly spread out.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #733 on: July 19, 2020, 06:42:08 AM
At the behest of my wife we ordered and received Undaunted Normandy as she enjoys deck builders and was intrigued by a review of it on The Dice Tower.  I'm really hoping we can enjoy this one together.

In other news I've somehow finally convinced my wife and few members of the extended family to give D&D a shot and so I'm now on the hook for introducing them all to RPGs as a DM with very little experience. Needless to say I'm altogether excited and terrified. So this next month I'll be helping them create characters and figure out Zoom/Skype for running the game as we are all fairly spread out.

I'd say use Zoom. It's easy to use and my experience is flawless. That's all we use for work meetings now.
One person should be the host and pony up for a paid account. It's $20 a month. This will allow you to have a session as long as you want and have as many guests as you want. Then the others can just download the free version.
If it works out that your group wants to keep playing, then they all can chip in for the paid account. If not, yer just out $20 for the one month.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #734 on: July 19, 2020, 02:25:41 PM
The wife wanted to play Don't Tread on Me. She liked it so much she's on her second game now.  :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy