Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 228479 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #870 on: December 06, 2020, 02:49:20 AM
That is INsane, that map. Holy crap it's huge.

This.  That's just crazy, Bison!  (Also:  May your symptoms remain mild, and your recovery swift!) 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

judgedredd

Reply #871 on: December 06, 2020, 03:15:56 AM
:bigthumb:
Awesome, Bison.

BC - I have Afrika Korps, its the first wargame I ever brought - around 1966(ish). the box died but I still have all the components in good shape.
You English cannae let it go, can ye?

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #872 on: December 06, 2020, 07:22:10 AM
Awesome, Bison.

BC - I have Afrika Korps, its the first wargame I ever brought - around 1966(ish). the box died but I still have all the components in good shape.

As probably the only other guy here who got this joke, all I can say is  :2funny:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

judgedredd

Reply #873 on: December 06, 2020, 09:04:56 AM
Awesome, Bison.

As probably the only other guy here who got this joke, all I can say is  :2funny:
I did think it would have a limited appreciative audience - so I'm glad someone other than bob got it  :bigthumb:

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #874 on: December 07, 2020, 02:38:39 PM
I've done some pretty intensive MtG deck building in recent weeks :-)

I approve! Are you playing arena?

No. much to MD's disgust. I had trouble running it and sorta gave up  - I really should try again.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #875 on: February 13, 2021, 12:36:49 AM
Time to get this thread going again!  8) 

On deck this weekend:  Stellaris (natch), Thrones of Britannia (gonna see if can make some progress as Circenn), and -- now that the new patch is out -- probably a bit of StarDrive 2 as well.  I'm particularly looking forward to seeing how SD2 plays, now that Dan has tweaked the diplomacy. 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #876 on: February 13, 2021, 08:49:16 AM
Good idea, Martok!  :bigthumb:
I'm kind of wanting to play a space 4x. But every time I look at what I have (go look at the list in the Big space 4x thread), I can decide what I want to play.  :D
I am going to start reading A Billion Suns.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #877 on: February 13, 2021, 09:41:35 AM
I have Interceptor Ace on my table right now, and flew a couple of sorties last night. It's part of a larger plan of mine to do an over-arcing AAR covering multiple titles, mostly Greg Smith's (he called the idea 'epic' - now I just need time to do it all, which will likely take months). Sort of in the vein of Wouk's War and Remembrance.

Otherwise - I need to play more of Architects of the West Kingdom as well as Obsession for upcoming podcast reviews.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #878 on: February 13, 2021, 10:09:21 AM
I’ve had 3 attempts at a tomb kings start and I’m just not feeling the love - I always like to play the baddies or the non vanilla stuff but I’m not connecting which is important for me

I’m going to give the very definition of vanilla a go and try the noble house of altdorf - see how that goes

I’m currently painting a conversion of a primaris space marine chapter master - the guy from dawn of war 3 - had to gather in a lot of extra bits from kits but I’m liking the look already

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #879 on: February 13, 2021, 11:34:52 AM
^I hope you can post a picture when you've finished it.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #880 on: February 13, 2021, 11:44:27 AM
Will do - he’s built, primed and zenithalled and the armours done - lots of GW dangly bits now as they adorn main characters with all sorts

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #881 on: February 13, 2021, 11:47:09 AM
Most of the weekend will be spent playing parenting simulator with the Dirty Diaper and Acting out for Attention DLC.   :D

Other than that hoping for some Stellaris and maybe some Ardennes 44 and hopefully SNF if the weather doesn't get bad.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:50:23 AM by thecommandtent »

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #882 on: February 13, 2021, 12:24:48 PM
Pool Cleaning. Sounds easy but I DO have to turn the filter, 'On' and, 'Off'. Then take a nap.   :whew:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #883 on: February 19, 2021, 11:44:26 AM
Definitely more Stellaris for me this weekend; still feel like I'm being baby-sat.  ;D  Probably more Total War as well, although I'm currently feeling torn between Thrones of Britannia and Rome II (and there's no way I'll have time for both!). 

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #884 on: April 29, 2021, 02:32:06 PM
I have a face-to-face game of ASL scheduled for Saturday morning.  It will be the first face-to-face game I've played in about 14 months.  Even better - this will be a new opponent, who I discovered only lives about 3 miles from me.  I have another face-to-face game scheduled for mid-May, but that opponent lives about 50 miles away (he's a good friend, so I don't mind the drive).

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.