Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 228501 times)

DoubleDeuce

• Jr. Trooper
    • Combat Campaigns
Reply #960 on: July 02, 2021, 10:56:30 AM
After GM'ing for over 2 straight years, finally convinced one of my players to GM for a while. I finally get to play as a player in our weekly game. So looking forward to this.

Trying to restart my Combat Campaigns wargaming blog!

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #961 on: July 02, 2021, 04:16:30 PM
After learning WitE since last weekend, my brain has sprained itself. Playing Yardwork this weekend followed by my favorite RPG, 'Slash vs the Evil Spirit in the Bourbon Bottle'. Have a great Fourth of July ACD!

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #962 on: July 02, 2021, 04:40:04 PM
After learning WitE since last weekend, my brain has sprained itself. Playing Yardwork this weekend followed by my favorite RPG, 'Slash vs the Evil Spirit in the Bourbon Bottle'. Have a great Fourth of July ACD!

;D

Mine's still sore from my run-ins with WITE.

Bourbon sounds like a better plan. I need to play a board game. I put all my remaining games into an Excel sheet...there's 189 of them. And this number is the result after getting rid of a ton in trades and sales this last year. So I can run a random number generator and find the game on the list, because why not? I sure can't decide otherwise. :(

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #963 on: July 02, 2021, 04:48:00 PM
^I had so many books when I was in high school/college that I did just that to pick what to read next.  ;D

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #964 on: July 02, 2021, 04:56:45 PM
I've actually been thinking of getting more books rather than games. I only bought one this year so far, though I guess the Kickstarter game I backed counts, so that's two. But I've found a lot of good ones on Stalingrad that I might start buying. Probably going to need to get rid of more games to make room for books.  ;D

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #965 on: July 02, 2021, 05:29:11 PM
I'm pretty much out of room for both right now.   :-\

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #966 on: July 02, 2021, 06:35:53 PM
Still need to pick a dedicated ‘this is a pc gaming day’ to get stuck into a game

Until then there will be -

Painting burrows and badgers for a client
Painting a Mordor force for me
Painting a Rivendell force for me
Painting a azogs legion force for me
Finishing an angmar force for me

And picking which one to die horribly in my inept hands at gaming club on Tuesday

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #967 on: July 02, 2021, 11:48:20 PM
A happy holiday to my fellow Dragoons, both north and south of the border! 

I'll be working, so probably not much gaming for me.  Especially since I just found out a few hours ago that my brother and his girls are coming to visit (he never lets us know until the proverbial last-minute :face: ::) ), so I'll be trying to squeeze in a visit sometime in the next 48 hours as well. 

The wife is within striking distance. Cyrano is not.  ;D

:2funny:

After GM'ing for over 2 straight years, finally convinced one of my players to GM for a while. I finally get to play as a player in our weekly game. So looking forward to this.

That's awesome, DD.  Have fun! 

Still need to pick a dedicated ‘this is a pc gaming day’ to get stuck into a game

Until then there will be -

Painting burrows and badgers for a client
Painting a Mordor force for me
Painting a Rivendell force for me
Painting a azogs legion force for me
Finishing an angmar force for me

And picking which one to die horribly in my inept hands at gaming club on Tuesday

I can think of worse ways to spend a weekend.  :bigthumb: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #968 on: July 10, 2021, 07:19:52 AM
https://humanwaveconscripts.com

This weekend is our club's ASL tournament.  I am organizing the starter kit group and will be onsite to mentor and hopefully get a game in.  When we were planning this back in February or so, the COVID situation in the summer wasn't clear, and we didn't want to put down a deposit at a hotel (like I did last year out of my personal funds), so we decided to hold it in someone's backyard.  The weather should be good this weekend.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #969 on: July 10, 2021, 08:11:02 AM
outdoor wargaming!  nice :)

Have fun, and take pictures!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #970 on: July 16, 2021, 12:49:48 PM
Pretty happy as I just this week traded for a few games - Shadows of Brimstone Swamps of Death and Shadows of Brimstone City of the Ancients. Also Puerto Rico, but I intend to trade/sell that copy. :)

I used to have City of the Ancients, but never played it, and sold it before I moved. I always regretted that as I love the Old West and horror themes mixed together. Now I not only have that but it's 'sister' core game set with additional Western characters that I'd wanted. I might end up buying an expansion or two (Frontier Town is first on the list), though I've really slowed my purchases this year so this won't be too big a deal. I'm highly motivated to play this finally, which is much easier as the guy I got this from has most (80%) of the minis from both sets combined, already assembled.

My Kickstarter for USS Laffey should be arriving today, but I'm pretty sure UPS screwed up again as it's showing as it will be delivered by the end of the day, but it's not showing as out for delivery. My guess is I won't get it until Monday. That's a bummer, I wanted to do an unboxing video.

Edit - just as I posted that I noticed it's now out for delivery.  :rockon:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 12:52:21 PM by BanzaiCat »

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #971 on: July 16, 2021, 03:39:00 PM
^  Awesome.  :bigthumb:  Fingers crossed the Laffey game shows up shortly! 

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #972 on: July 30, 2021, 04:25:32 PM
I have the usual Stellaris on deck this weekend.  The only question is whether I continue my current campaign, or fire up a new one as a machine empire like I was talking about. 

Am also feeling a major Total War itch.  Am torn between playing a Thorek Ironbrow campaign in Warhammer II (now that at least some of my installed mods have been updated), or going back to my old Byzantine AAR campaign in Medieval Total War. 

Decisions, decisions... 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #973 on: July 30, 2021, 04:31:14 PM
Machine race stellaris

And Byzantine

And pics

DoubleDeuce

• Jr. Trooper
    • Combat Campaigns
Reply #974 on: July 30, 2021, 06:13:23 PM
Will be playing in another session of D&D 5E on Fantasy Grounds, still as a player for now. Not sure how much longer it will be before I'm cajoled back to being the GM. The current (and newby GM) is already looking for a way out of that position.  :doh:  On a positive note though, I've convinced them when I do take up the GM mantle again, we'll be switching to Savage Worlds.

Trying to restart my Combat Campaigns wargaming blog!