Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 228499 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1110 on: June 05, 2022, 04:35:22 AM
More Interstellar Space: Genesis for me, especially now that that the 1.4.2 patch has officially dropped.  While I doubt the game is ever going to suck me in like Stellaris does, I can honestly say I'm enjoying it. 

Also:  Maybe some Neverwinter Nights or Pillars of Eternity?  Am in the mood for some RPG action. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1111 on: June 05, 2022, 05:12:35 AM
When I’m back home there will be a war in stellaris - have to get my head around invasions again - want to restart dw2 but getting this resolved has been like an itch in the middle of my head

Huw and I are touching borders in our pbem

And so far I’ve resisted the urge to buy a game just because….. it occupies my mind obsessively for a day or two but if I can get over that hill I realise I have a library I already enjoy playing although nebulous fleet command still nudges me occasionally

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #1112 on: June 06, 2022, 11:14:34 AM
I played nothing as I had to work on clearing out a storage unit since those jackholes are upping the monthly cost a second time in one year.

I did find two boxes of games I didn't realize I did not have, which is awesome and yet sad at the same time.

Star Trek Ascendency, Star Trek Ascendency Borg Expansion, Trierme, my old Squad Leader game, Marine: 2002, Starship Troopers, Tac Air, and several other oldies but goodies. I guess I thought I had traded them away at some point, or lost them in my move.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1113 on: June 06, 2022, 11:27:20 AM
Treasure hoarde!!

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #1114 on: June 06, 2022, 06:35:53 PM
Pretty much like Christmas, innit?  :party:

Needless to say, I've played through a lot of my inventory and I've cleared some space, fortunately.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #1115 on: June 10, 2022, 11:25:53 PM
I started a Sacred Gold campaign. I have been dying a lot. The game is not dropping any of my spell runes so it's been all hack and slash so far. It is truly an underappreciated ARPG.

I also started a Space Empires 4 campaign. It's been a long time since I last played so lots of relearning to go. Depending on how the campaign goes I have Dominions 4 loaded and ready to play. This has been the most PC gaming I have done in quite some time. Although I am tempted to pick up Might and Magic for super cheap on the GoG sale. I am feeling the retro gaming groove.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1116 on: June 11, 2022, 04:34:11 AM
More Interstellar Space: Genesis for me; the game definitely has its hooks in me now.  Probably also continue my nascent campaign in Neverwinter Nights as my Dwarven fighter (because of course I am :biggrin: ). 

Alternatively, I may also take that second run at Old World I've been talking about doing.  Choices... 

I also started a Space Empires 4 campaign. It's been a long time since I last played so lots of relearning to go. Depending on how the campaign goes I have Dominions 4 loaded and ready to play. This has been the most PC gaming I have done in quite some time. Although I am tempted to pick up Might and Magic for super cheap on the GoG sale. I am feeling the retro gaming groove.

Nice.  :bigthumb: 

I wish I'd been able to get into Space Empires 4, but that one has always eluded me for some reason.  I totally see its appeal, especially if you like retro/old-school gaming, but I've just not been able to get into it. 

Still gotta check out the Might & Magic series.  I've dinked around a little bit with HoMM3, but not enough to say I've really played it. 

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1117 on: June 11, 2022, 05:05:04 AM
That's a great list Bison! Wife and I spent many a happy hour playing Sacred 2 together on one of the consoles, years ago.

For me then: more Microsoft Flight Simulator and Sea of Thieves as always.

There's currently a free weekend for The Anacrusis which is basically Left 4 Dead but with a retro-futuristic 70s sci fi theme. I've only played one run with randoms so far but it was a lot of fun.

Also I still find it almost impossible to tear myself away from the incredible No Man's Sky, surely the greatest comeback story in all of gaming.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1118 on: June 11, 2022, 05:51:03 AM
Hopping between stellaris and dw2 - have started a second dw2 campaign just to kick it off - just got hyperdrives and exploring my own system - my own planet has 2 moons which are painfully far from the planet and the fist half hour before hyperdrives were discovered was watching explorer ships sloooooooooowly crawl to the moons for a scan

And I’ll try and squeeze in a warno session after a few updates

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1119 on: June 11, 2022, 06:05:25 AM
I was hoping to be playing the Waterloo game I purchased from Vae Victis, but so far, it hasn't arrived. More annoyingly, I emailed them to see if they could assist but have not yet been favoured with a reply.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #1120 on: June 11, 2022, 12:31:03 PM
Still gotta check out the Might & Magic series.  I've dinked around a little bit with HoMM3, but not enough to say I've really played it.

I played M&M a lot long ago. The GoG summer sale has M&M3 complete for like $2.50. So I think I am going to go wild and load up on 3 or 4 older games which will hold me over for a good long time.

List of options that I am considering:
Might and Magic 3 Complete
Settlers (not sure which edition yet)
Anno 1404
Myst Masterpiece Edition
Diablo

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #1121 on: June 11, 2022, 12:37:09 PM
That's a great list Bison! Wife and I spent many a happy hour playing Sacred 2 together on one of the consoles, years ago.

I have Sacred 2 installed too but I wanted to play them in order. The game has many great features. Not typical fantasy classes which are very customizable. The game worlds are HUGE open-world maps. I like older MMO playstyles so the go and fetch or kill X and return missions are right up my alley. I get the MMO experience without a subscription or having to deal with annoying public chat dialogs. You can still play the game LAN or online with other players, I think.

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1122 on: June 11, 2022, 01:42:31 PM
The game worlds are HUGE open-world maps.

Heh, yep. The main reason we didn't finish Sacred 2 was we got exhausted! We played it for weeks and it seemed like we'd barely scratched the surface. It's mind-boggling how big those games are.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1123 on: June 17, 2022, 04:53:54 PM
I'm planning to spend a bit time with the demos for both The Pegasus Expedition and Great Houses of Calderia before they expire.  After that, I'm thinking I'll tap into an old favorite: Birth of the Federation

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1124 on: June 17, 2022, 05:06:40 PM
Now playing 'Les Quatre-Bras & Waterloo 1815- The Empire’s Final Blows' to mark the 207th anniversary on June 18th.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'