Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 228479 times)

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1125 on: June 17, 2022, 06:19:54 PM
MSFS and Sea of Thieves as always. I shall definitely continue with my "is it fixed yet?" game of Distant Worlds 2. And undoubtedly some No Man's Sky.

I'm planning to spend a bit time with the demos for both The Pegasus Expedition

Ooh, let us know how that goes!

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1126 on: June 17, 2022, 09:15:10 PM
I shall report back.  :) 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1127 on: June 18, 2022, 06:44:41 AM
Not much gaming today though, as we are going out to lunch to celebrate our granddaughters 9th Birthday.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1128 on: June 18, 2022, 07:26:41 AM
party on, Granddaughter!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

judgedredd

Reply #1129 on: June 18, 2022, 08:57:01 AM
Have a nice time bob (and family of course).

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1130 on: June 19, 2022, 02:44:31 AM
Not much gaming today though, as we are going out to lunch to celebrate our granddaughters 9th Birthday.

Most excellent.  Hope you all had a great time.  :) 

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1131 on: June 19, 2022, 06:47:21 AM
Thank you - yes we had a great afternoon  :)

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #1132 on: June 19, 2022, 12:24:30 PM
I played a couple of hours of my Pacific War Guadalcanal campaign (solo) yesterday. The Zuikaka and Shokaku both took some damage, but they sank the Enterprise in return.

I also played the first scenario of Atlantic Chase with my 16 year-old son. I don't think he enjoyed it, but I want to play a few more with him to see if he gets into it.

I am also going to play (via VASSAL) some BCS: Arracourt this afternoon. We are on the third turn in the campaign, and my Germans are really struggling to get some traction.

judgedredd

Reply #1133 on: June 19, 2022, 12:41:07 PM
I played a couple of hours of my Pacific War Guadalcanal campaign (solo) yesterday. The Zuikaka and Shokaku both took some damage, but they sank the Enterprise in return.

I also played the first scenario of Atlantic Chase with my 16 year-old son. I don't think he enjoyed it, but I want to play a few more with him to see if he gets into it.

I am also going to play (via VASSAL) some BCS: Arracourt this afternoon. We are on the third turn in the campaign, and my Germans are really struggling to get some traction.
Is that THE Pacific War...as in the new one from GMT?

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #1134 on: June 19, 2022, 12:43:28 PM

Is that THE Pacific War...as in the new one from GMT?

The one and only.

judgedredd

Reply #1135 on: June 19, 2022, 03:52:28 PM
How is it?

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #1136 on: June 20, 2022, 09:48:37 AM
How is it?

It's a really good system.

As is common in a lot of Mark Hermann games, there are a lot of intentional subtle nuances in the rules that are key to fully utilizing your forces, but it takes a thorough understanding of the rules (probably after a few failed operations) to fully appreciate.

The telescoping time through the operations and battle cycles--really tough to grok without playing through.

The battle scenarios are essentially tutorials.

I am currently playing the Guadalcanal campaign solo, just to get a feel for how to organize and pay for an operation. I believe that this game would shine in a 2-player campaign game, but that would be quite an undertaking.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1137 on: June 24, 2022, 05:28:58 AM
Back to Stellaris, now that the 3.4.4 patch is (finally) out.  Possibly also some Imperiums: Greek Wars -- Old World isn't doing it for me, but I'm still jonesing for a bit of historical 4x action. 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1138 on: June 24, 2022, 05:38:12 AM
My recent dabblings with Warno reminded me how much I love this stuff - in the past I’ve made the mistake of trying to play on harder levels and have just not enjoyed the ass kicking but lowering it has led to a great time with the game and it’s also sent me back to Steel Division 2 having played it once and dropped it - now I’m loving them both

There will also be distant worlds 2 - I’m loving the ship capturing mechanic and without building one I have a fleet of 10

Finally taking the plunge on nebulous fleet command today

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1139 on: June 24, 2022, 06:37:12 AM
I love those Eugen games but what I'll never understand is the multiplayer scene - how the hell do they play it at high speed? When I play solo I have to use the absolute slowest speed available, otherwise I just can't keep up.

And it's not like I'm not used to fast paced games either; I love shooters and did my time in Dota 2 etc.