Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Warlock II: The Exiled  (Read 7472 times)

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #30 on: July 09, 2022, 07:59:23 PM
Well there was until Bob got his mitts on it.

https://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/998311/pumpkin-brandy/

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #31 on: July 09, 2022, 08:08:50 PM
I think the definition of brandy is any fermented fruit or vegetable but it’s usually grapes or pears

However, in Newcastle if you pour enough meths on a fruit or vegetable and shake it for 5 mins it’s called brandy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #32 on: July 10, 2022, 02:57:56 AM
Just a note, BTW. I found that with the mod running, every so often the game will just stop and eject you out to your desktop. However, as annoying as this is, if you load up again and select 'continue' you will return to exactly the point you were at when it, for want of a better word, crashed.

Odd (and unfortunate), but good to know.  Appreciate the heads-up! 

That’s the pumpkin brandy
There's pumpkin brandy?  :o

That sounds absolutely vile.  :sick: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #33 on: July 10, 2022, 04:30:04 AM
The old, Italian recipe I’ve seen passed down calls for a pumpkin, sugar and paraffin wax. Oh, yes—it’s primitive. Cut the top off a large pumpkin as if you were making a jack-o’-lantern. Then fill the inside of the pumpkin with sugar. Use about 1 pound of sugar for each 4 lbs. of pumpkin. Then just put the lid back on and seal it in place with the wax. Keep the pumpkin in a cool, dark place (like the basement) for a few weeks, until the pumpkin has swollen and the wax shows signs of cracking. Be sure to check it often, because it can explode if left alone for too long. High temperatures can cause an explosion too. When it’s done, the liquid should be an amber color, strong and slightly sweet. Carefully open the lid and strain out the wine.

Sounds posher than the geordie version - pour turps on some apples, set on fire, stamp out preferably with wellies on and pour the mix into a cocktail glass - umbrella and a cherry

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #34 on: July 10, 2022, 06:23:01 AM
Absolute rubbish! We stop using wellies years ago. We use coal miners pit boots.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #35 on: July 10, 2022, 02:55:23 PM

Sounds posher than the geordie version - pour turps on some apples, set on fire, stamp out preferably with wellies on and pour the mix into a cocktail glass - umbrella and a cherry

:2funny:

I'll have a double!

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #36 on: July 10, 2022, 03:03:18 PM
Just a note, BTW. I found that with the mod running, every so often the game will just stop and eject you out to your desktop. However, as annoying as this is, if you load up again and select 'continue' you will return to exactly the point you were at when it, for want of a better word, crashed.

I played a game this morning for a couple of hours (with the mod) and it never crashed on me. Also, I forgot how good the AI was at kicking my butt.  :-[
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 03:44:31 PM by bbmike »

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #37 on: July 10, 2022, 03:39:25 PM
Even now, I keep finding unit perks and buffs that I have never seen before. Its awesome how much stuff is in there.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'