Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Matrix Games Holiday Sale!  (Read 11692 times)

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #15 on: November 22, 2018, 11:46:41 AM
Does the boxed version of TOAW4 come with a printed manual?

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 01:21:57 PM
Well... at $18 CAD I might pick that up myself...
All the expansions are on sale too fer $12 CAD. Any players out there have suggestions for the best expansion(s)?

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 09:16:29 AM
 :bigthumb:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 09:30:53 AM
The only thing I picked up was English Civil War for $10.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

judgedredd

Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 01:46:11 AM
Does anyone else find it painful to look through the store at Matrix?

First - there's those little icons of the boxes.
Second - you have to click on each one to go and see some screenshots of the game
Third - the scroll bar doesn't scroll "by page" - it scrolls to where you click
Fourth - and more painful than any - when you click on a game, the scroll bar randomly takes you somewhere else.

Just to show "in practice" how those are painful - I was staring down at World in Flames (yep - I was). I clicked on To End All Wars because I wanted to see what it looked like (I would've preferred a popup window showing you some screenies or at least a description of the game). The game showed but the scroll bar position shifted up to Field of Glory...I then had to click the scroll bar to try and find where I was.

I decided after that to try and scroll a page at a time by clicking the scroll bar only to find that it took me to where I clicked.

PITA  :tickedoff:

Not impossible but definitely more difficult than it should be and very time consuming to go and find something you want to buy!

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 09:13:39 AM

It's the perfect ecommerce platform for 2004.

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 07:09:43 PM

It's the perfect ecommerce platform for 2004.

Retro is the new futurism.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

judgedredd

Reply #22 on: November 28, 2018, 01:41:20 AM
What is To End All Wars like?

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #23 on: November 28, 2018, 08:45:59 AM
What is To End All Wars like?

If you like the AGEOD engine (and I do), it has evolved into a not bad game. I'm still of the opinion that the engine has trouble with conflicts that have fixed fronts, like WWI Western Front, but they have patched the game to address some of that.

The trick is that none of the AGEOD games are really as simple to play as they seem. There's a ton going on under the hood with command and logistics that has to be considered to play them well.

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

judgedredd

Reply #24 on: November 28, 2018, 09:48:48 AM
Thanks  :bigthumb:

I do like their games - though seldom play strategy games now. I'll consider it. I've got 40% off for a month plus the sale making a new game from Matrix a distinct possibility.

I'd love World in Flames (that I have - bought second hand)...not for the game but for the manuals. However, I suspect they are way, way, WAAAAY out of sync with the game now.

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #25 on: November 28, 2018, 09:49:24 PM

I do like their games - though seldom play strategy games now. I'll consider it. I've got 40% off for a month plus the sale making a new game from Matrix a distinct possibility.

I'd love World in Flames (that I have - bought second hand)...not for the game but for the manuals. However, I suspect they are way, way, WAAAAY out of sync with the game now.

People are no doubt going to get tired of me saying this, but if you like AGEOD and have any interest in the period, Wars of Succession is probably the best game AGEOD has produced. Definitely worth grabbing if you have a discount.

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #26 on: November 29, 2018, 05:28:30 PM

People are no doubt going to get tired of me saying this, but if you like AGEOD and have any interest in the period, Wars of Succession is probably the best game AGEOD has produced. Definitely worth grabbing if you have a discount.

He really likes that one JD!!!.. I'm torn between that and Napoleon, glad the Matrix sale lasts a lot longer than the Steam one!

chemkid

Reply #27 on: December 15, 2018, 01:35:03 PM
my anniversary coupon is due tomorrow and i've already made my choice (JTS has to wait or give me one of these 50% off someday soon!!!)
btw, wars of succession is on my list and i just read JD's love for MWIF(?!) - anyone here interested in this 'awesome' map pack?
honestly, if some one is really interested i'll give it a shove! you only have to pay the postage from germany - nothing else! deal?!

the anniversary coupon is in and my cart is loaded with:

Wars of Succession
Order of Battle: Sandstorm
Order of Battle: Endsieg
Command: The Silent Service
Command Live: Commonwealth Collision
Command Live: Kuril Sunrise

...this year's coupon+sale saved me 50 euros - nice! see you next xmas sale!
cheers!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 10:53:58 AM by chemkid »