Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Operation Desert Storm: 30th Anniversary Edition Released for Strike Fighters 2  (Read 4238 times)

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
I still consider SF2 to be my go-to jet age COMBAT flight simulator.

This looks to be pretty good.

https://combatace.com/files/file/17521-operation-desert-storm-30th-anniversary-edition/

Keep in mind it requires:

Strike Fighters 2
Strike Fighters 2: Israel
Strike Fighters 2: North Atlantic

The mod itself is free BUT DOES REQUIRE A MINIMUM 6 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION TO COMBATACE. I think it's a good site for simmers so I will jump in.

I'll provide a better report when I have a chance to get some stick time.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 08:17:08 AM by doctorquest »

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

judgedredd

I'm only going to say 3 things - and I'll keep it positive because I shat on your parade before on Falcon 4
  • I curse myself for forcing the complexity of DCS onto my gaming plate
  • There's a beautiful simplicity to this - takes me back to when flight simming was a game and not a job
  • That's an awful lot of flyables

I looked around, first off, is Strike Fighters Win 10 compatible? I'm asking because the Third Wire website says Strike Fighters 2 Win 10 Coming Soon.

Second, Third Wire don't seem to have those expansions (Israel and North Atlantic)...are they also mods?

I certainly had fun in the past with Strike Fighters 2

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
No worries, JD. I am just trying to help out here. DCS is good but not the only thing I fly.

To answer your questions to the best of my ability.

1. SF2 Win 10 is not ready. I am running SF2 Win 7 on Win 7 and will probably continue to do that. I did crank up a mission under win10 and it worked fine. I think Win10 is supposed to be a graphics update for the newer DirectX versions.

2. Here is the store link: https://store.thirdwire.com/store_p1.htm. I find all three products under the Windows 7 section.

EDIT!!! I just figured out combatace requires a subscription to download the mod. I am going to bite but that may put some folks off. In the DCS world it is still pretty cheap. :)

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 08:15:20 AM by doctorquest »

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
I've got some of the original Strike Fighters sets somewhere that I've not played in a long time. Is it worth getting any of the $39 Strike Fighters 2 sets (or the bundle at $99) just for improvements to the game? I've got old PCs that could run both were I to get back into it.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
Yeah. I think SF2 has enough advances over SF to make it worthwhile. The mission editing functions are really handy. The modding community for SF2 is very active so even if Thirdwire isn't doing any further development the sim is not dead.