Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Post your screenshots! Share your game stories!  (Read 53911 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #345 on: April 05, 2023, 01:59:01 PM

got the heating up and running just in time

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #346 on: April 05, 2023, 11:11:44 PM
What's with the giant Red Star? Is this now, "Geekograd"?  :2funny:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #347 on: April 06, 2023, 01:12:26 AM
That’s the newly built technical university - it’s to remind the students who they’re studying for and boost their morale and errrrr loyalty

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #348 on: April 06, 2023, 10:43:58 AM
^I've always been a fan of 'GeekStyle.

Always do what you feel is best.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #349 on: April 06, 2023, 11:20:49 AM
It does have a look all it's own doesn't it? Any brothels, asking for a friend?

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #350 on: April 06, 2023, 04:33:49 PM
Last night I finished my playthrough of Outer Worlds Spacer's Choice Edition. I'd played the original, non-Spacer's Choice version last year. It's a fun game. I didn't really notice much difference in the SC version, though it's supposed to have much more stunning visuals. The game looked pretty to me already and I loved the storyline and environment, so I was probably too heads-down to really notice everything. I can't wait for Outer Worlds 2 to come out, as they left a lot of intangibles in place with 1, but I'm hoping it will tie in the same characters. I have a feeling it'll not really be similar, sort of like what Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas had in common - they're the Fallout universe, and some factions appear in both, but that's about it.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #351 on: April 06, 2023, 05:16:41 PM
It does have a look all it's own doesn't it? Any brothels, asking for a friend?

Not currently supported by the glorious motherland - there’s pubs and a burgeoning trade in alcohol

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #352 on: April 06, 2023, 05:17:26 PM
Last night I finished my playthrough of Outer Worlds Spacer's Choice Edition. I'd played the original, non-Spacer's Choice version last year. It's a fun game. I didn't really notice much difference in the SC version, though it's supposed to have much more stunning visuals. The game looked pretty to me already and I loved the storyline and environment, so I was probably too heads-down to really notice everything. I can't wait for Outer Worlds 2 to come out, as they left a lot of intangibles in place with 1, but I'm hoping it will tie in the same characters. I have a feeling it'll not really be similar, sort of like what Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas had in common - they're the Fallout universe, and some factions appear in both, but that's about it.

Sets off to steam to read about outer worlds

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #353 on: April 06, 2023, 05:38:58 PM
It's essentially sci fi with a Western vibe to it, much like Firefly...but, it's not Firefly. Maybe more like 50s era sci fi mixed in, but without the cheesy visuals and special effects? Eh. Check it out as you said, make your own choice. I loved the storyline and the game, myself.

I should say, the Spacer's Choice Edition version upped the level cap to 99. I don't think there's any way in hell you could ever get that high, unless you want to grind everything in sight on every planet, and even then it would be a stretch. I got to level 42 or so; the previous game cap was level 30. But I'm a completionist; I did 99% of the side quests and both of the DLCs in full.

The game has a lot of tongue-in-cheek comedy, but the storyline is rather bleak and serious. The voiceovers are nice, and the characters that ally with you can grow as characters, to an extent. It's pretty awesome from start to finish.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #354 on: April 07, 2023, 10:46:05 AM
Thanks for the assessment on Outer Worlds.  I've heard a lot of good things about the game.  I'll have to check out if there are any sales for it.

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #355 on: April 16, 2023, 07:49:35 AM
The industrial heartland of Geekrova

The homestead

The golden fields

The stone quarries and gravel processing plant have just gone live so a few adjustments to make there, next will be a lumber trade as im surrounded by trade - then cement and concrete

Bricks were taking too long to load for one train so theres now 2 cargo trains - one taking meat, vodka, bread and coal to the border and another one taking bricks and gravel

it has taken a shit ton of time to work out the railway semaphore system but to watch it all working is so rewarding

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #356 on: April 16, 2023, 03:38:40 PM
Geekrova the Beautiful.  :applause:

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #357 on: April 27, 2023, 07:55:59 AM
Industry sector now with bigger coal enterprise and steel mill

Where the pixel comrades live and play

And the arable stuff - shortly to be redesigned

« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 07:58:33 AM by Undercovergeek »

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #358 on: April 27, 2023, 10:42:45 AM
Just curious UCG, does the game have ways to entertain your people, like Sports Stadiums, Theaters, and the like?

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #359 on: April 27, 2023, 11:19:45 AM
Yeah it’s reflected in their happiness score - they need access to jobs, healthcare, culture, food and alcohol, sports and are adverse to crime

I’m creating enough food and meat and alcohol to feed them - this needs supplying through stores and small shops and pubs  - at the minimum a small shop provides food and meat, the bigger stores supply clothes and electrical goods too, I’m providing clothes but importing electrics at the minute

Culture is museums and art and cinema - I have cinemas at the moment and indoor swimming pools and outdoor football pitches for sports - there are mods for much much more which I’m slowly getting into