Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Post your screenshots! Share your game stories!  (Read 53880 times)

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #360 on: April 27, 2023, 10:58:58 PM
That is very cool.  :bigthumb:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #361 on: May 12, 2023, 07:15:47 AM
The first oil train leaves - theres black gold near the lake

The modest oil field - brings 20000 roubles a train - have to be careful not to crash the oil price though

The expanded industrial sector - steel mill in the distance providing steel to the mechanical components factory - i produce enough steel and components to export both

Engineering and city building at its finest

The new housing for this area - now consisting of a food factory, 2 distilleries, 2 clothes factories, a chemical factory and a fabric factory

i severely misunderstood the having your own resources aspect to the game - i thought it was enough to build bricks, steel, boards, wood, asphalt, cement and concrete and gravel and house them in yards and SIm City like the game would recognise the resources and go 'ah i will construct our mills and buildings from our own stockpiles' oh nooooooooooooo..........

i need to build construction yards and nominate the correct vehicles to the correct jobs, mixers, pavers, cranes, dumpers and wagons, even the workers and actually ship the stuff to the building site in question

so that will be the next project, to become independent of the west and build everything using our own stuff - its a huge undertaking but it will be a proud moment to build a complete project with our own resources

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #362 on: May 12, 2023, 07:28:19 AM
That is pretty impressive!

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #363 on: May 12, 2023, 08:08:18 AM
That is pretty impressive!

thanks bob - all this here is probably 2-3% of the playing area

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #364 on: May 12, 2023, 08:27:49 AM
I didn't realise it was as big as it obviously is. Its not a game that was ever on my radar, so maybe I should take another look.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #365 on: May 12, 2023, 11:59:54 AM
Bob City, full of prescious grandchildren.  :bigthumb:   Very impressive UCG.  :applause:

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #366 on: May 12, 2023, 02:00:16 PM
I gotta say, 'geek, that looks damn cool.  :cowboy: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #367 on: May 22, 2023, 11:24:53 AM
This junction will be the death of me - by the time the game notifies you of any problems the trains have been held up that long that the coal, iron and steel industries have come to a stand still - 6 trains cross it at regular intervals dropping workers off to the right and left - so that a train can drop off workers to the left part of the track needs to be two way which other trains then jump on and result in the head to head like we have on the right and then trains coming up from the bottom have to stop - i will fix it somehow

Best way of getting to work ever

Every building needs connecting to a road so that emergency services can access it in case of fire - and then i found this by accident - you can use helicopters to put out fires - not only do you get to ride to work on a mountain gondola in my state, when youre a fireman - you put shit out with helicoptors

The sun sets on the secret police headquarters - they have their own houses and red cars for driving round the city and revealing inhabitants loyalty

A refinery is built near the oil fields to turn oil into fuel and bitumen - both very good exports - a town sprouts up in the distance to provide workers, this is the end of a long rail line to the border to sell the fuel - i might build all the way up the line interspersed with warehouses for export - plastics, electronic components and eventually the vehicle industry

The self sufficiency sector - here be cement, concrete, pre fab boards and bricks - ready to be shipped to the new building sites

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #368 on: May 22, 2023, 11:16:15 PM
Damn, the place is getting BIG Geek. Any idea what the population is now?

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #369 on: May 23, 2023, 04:54:43 AM
As of now it’s about 22k - I’ll post some stats later

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #370 on: May 27, 2023, 07:09:03 AM
The growing new refinery town

The scale of the plastics operation by night - this is the industry and infrastructure just to support the electronic components sector

Sunset strip - these are the homes and businesses for the guys working in the refinery and plastics sectors - by either design or good luck a train arrives and takes 450 to the chemical plants and plastics area and the second one arrives exactly halfway thru the cycle to take about 400 to the refinery and rinse and repeat - almost the exact numbers required

The chemical sector - 4 chemical factories providing the chemicals for the plastics factory alone

The whole operation

Unlike the main town where proper planning didnt occur the industries are almost self reliant - the chemical plants need oil, wood, crops and gravel to produce chemicals - the oil is been piped in underground from the refinery, this is the gravel factory providing the aggregate.....

Which relies on stone from the local quarries.....

.....and the sawmill out of town providing the timber

The plastics factory and the electrical components factory in white

The new refinery/plastics/electrics town at dusk

This area steel needs steel components and crops of our own to be entirely cost free - steel components are on the other side of the map so a new steel mill be built here as soon as a seam of iron is discovered, and a new farm area will be built

None of this industry actually makes a profit - nothing it produces is bound for the border to be sold - its all a continuous food chain of production to feed the next rung on the ladder which will be electrical goods

These will be then sent back into the state to provide the workers with radios, televisions and satiate their demand for electrical goods that are currently imported at a cost to the state, production will be increased with a second factory to supply the vehicle production market where licences will be bought to produce our own vehicles for sale to the workers and eventually exported

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #371 on: June 06, 2023, 05:23:19 AM
Holy crap.  That really does look amazing. 

I keep meaning to ask, how much do you need to manage yourself?  Do things pretty much run themselves, once you have the initial operation up and going?  Are you constantly tweaking things?  Somewhere in between? 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #372 on: June 06, 2023, 06:54:53 AM
It’s generally a real world looking sim city - there is some micro -  but essentially build a factory and then build the workers houses and a transport link between the two and they’ll go to work and make XXX -  the workers will want free time to take in culture and pub/shopping for food but they’ll tell you what they need - if you hover over a block of flats it will say blah blah % haven’t been able to access culture - build a cinema/theatre, haven’t been able to get to work as there’s no child care - build a nursery, can’t get food - build a store but then these things need manning too - it looks a lot more complicated than it is

As any fan of city builders will tell you the joy is watching it work, tweaking an extra train carriage here and watching production go up or building a services depot in winter and watching all the snow ploughs come out to clear the roads and make everything run faster

Buying vans to take the food you make to the supermarkets and watching the local populace get happier now they have access to food or meat or clothes or electronic goods

Next set of shots will show the tiny impact I’ve had on the map

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #373 on: June 08, 2023, 07:25:08 AM
So now this is the same shot after incorporating the steel industry and all its subsidiaries - i completely forgot that with steel comes a need for iron, and iron refineries, and coal, and coal refineries - you cant just build a steel mill

This is now the west side of 'refinery' town

Up on the hills are the men and women who provide the state with the manpower for the coal mine and iron mine, the raw coal and iron ore is brought down the mountainside and connected to the coal processing plants and iron processing plants

And this is their view from the hill top as the sun comes up behind them

The extension of the project with the steel mill, beyond the steel mill another mechanical component factory to feed the electrical component factory and the new electrics factory........

........shown here

What any state mogul - wants to see - trains queuing up at the border to export - i started this turn with 9.5m roubles having spent 4 million on the entire steel project - at the end of this session i have 17m roubles in the bank

Next i will go back over the mountains to the original town to make sure everything is still working and will then look at connecting refinery town with the first town to deliver the newly made electrical goods

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #374 on: June 08, 2023, 10:23:14 AM
Wow. This is starting to get complex is it not? Any way to completely screw-up your country by mistake in this game?