Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: LnLP World at War Series reboot  (Read 171616 times)

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #105 on: February 11, 2019, 11:19:24 PM
 :rockon:  over $48,000. That means Fulda winter maps.

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Pinetree

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #106 on: February 12, 2019, 01:16:00 AM
It's down to averaging about $3000 per day, so the last stretch goal should hopefully be reached in a couple of days.

What a bargain for $70..

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #107 on: February 12, 2019, 06:34:24 AM
This has to be one of the best KS packages (in a wargames context) for a long time. Seem little doubt that the 10th goal will not be achieved.

If they do a similar re-boot for the NaW system,  especially if it corrects some of the terrible glitches of the original games, then I would be sorely tempted.

However, as good as the price is at $70, for me it would also mean a further $22 shipping, plus VAT and UK customs tariff which would likely mean a final total of around double the 'base' price of $70.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Pinetree

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #108 on: February 12, 2019, 08:06:48 AM
Yeah, it's an extra $25 for me too but no extra customs duty luckily due to it being under $400 so still worth it.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #109 on: February 12, 2019, 08:09:31 AM
This has to be one of the best KS packages (in a wargames context) for a long time. Seem little doubt that the 10th goal will not be achieved.

If they do a similar re-boot for the NaW system,  especially if it corrects some of the terrible glitches of the original games, then I would be sorely tempted.

However, as good as the price is at $70, for me it would also mean a further $22 shipping, plus VAT and UK customs tariff which would likely mean a final total of around double the 'base' price of $70.

Bob, they have a UK distributor so you should not have to pay VAT and customs. It also costs me an extra $22 for shipping.... but that's the cost of getting things around the world....

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #110 on: February 12, 2019, 08:20:27 AM
I thought US shipping was going to be at least $17 which is understandable - it's going to be a lot of game to ship.

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #111 on: February 12, 2019, 08:43:44 AM
Barth - I know that Andy at Limey Yank Games does act as a distributor for a few publishers and thus is able to offer a 'Euro-Friendly' shipping scheme on pre-ordered stuff only. However, LnL is, unfortunately, not currently one of them.

Pinetree

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #112 on: February 12, 2019, 09:02:51 AM
Bob, LnL do theirs through Second Chance Games, iirc, and I'm pretty sure they offered Euro-friendly shipping when they had the big restock for LnLT last year.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #113 on: February 12, 2019, 09:07:03 AM
I'll probably be jumping on this, but need to check the timing of paychecks / property taxes to nail it down

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #114 on: February 12, 2019, 09:14:03 AM
This made me chuckle from the FAQ

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lnlp/storming-the-gap-world-at-war-85/faqs

Will there be Vampires, Werewolves or other Supernatural phenomena in the storyline of the scenarios of the games, like in the old World At War series?

We jokingly call this the no monster edition, though the old World At War series had them: no, sorry, none in World At War 85. For myself, I feel that “military-horror” is an absolutely brilliant choice for a role-playing game genre (I would so play in that game and so would some of my friends!). However, this is not that game. The background world has been rewritten to correspond more closely to the real-world situation in 1985, sans the Supernatural. But even in that I have taken liberties, since any wargame is, in the end, an experiment in alternate history. But it is not a cross-genre endeavor: World At War 85 is all pure tanks and troops, no vamps or were-s’ included.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #115 on: February 12, 2019, 09:34:08 AM
Barth - I know that Andy at Limey Yank Games does act as a distributor for a few publishers and thus is able to offer a 'Euro-Friendly' shipping scheme on pre-ordered stuff only. However, LnL is, unfortunately, not currently one of them.

Bob, direct quote from David in the KS comments section:
We have a German partner and a UK partner. We did think about the issue with BREXIT.

Oh and shipping in Europe and Britain is only $20 USD for the base game and all the stretch goals.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #116 on: February 12, 2019, 09:36:49 AM
BACK IT! BACK IT!

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #117 on: February 12, 2019, 09:51:55 AM
Yeah, this Kickstarter is so good that I think even if I had zero interest in the game I would have still ordered it.  :D

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #118 on: February 12, 2019, 10:02:58 AM
Bob, LnL do theirs through Second Chance Games, iirc, and I'm pretty sure they offered Euro-friendly shipping when they had the big restock for LnLT last year.

Aye, I've  known Andy at SCG for years. I know he takes pre-orders, but i was not aware that this also includes KS, as they cannot be ordered through him, as far as I know.

Pinetree

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #119 on: February 12, 2019, 10:21:45 AM

Aye, I've  known Andy at SCG for years. I know he takes pre-orders, but i was not aware that this also includes KS, as they cannot be ordered through him, as far as I know.
What you'll find is that LnL will send all the UK KS orders to SCG in bulk and they will send them them on to UK customers with no Customs charges as they are being sent from within the UK. I found this out last year as my pre-order for Heroes of North Africa got mistakenly sent to SCG and he then sent it on to me in NZ.