Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Apple Removes "Afghanistan ‘11” from the App Store  (Read 15999 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 09:28:09 AM
One might surmise from that that they concluded the Vietnamese were not a "real people" or some such.

does it matter that North/South Vietnam don't exist anymore?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

MIGs

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 10:07:38 AM
I'm trying to get everyone in my house to migrate from an Apple platform to Samsung  or something else. iTunes is such a freakin mess of an app - and every time there's a iOS update it seems like I'm troubleshooting everybody's freaking i-whatever. I'm looking for a DOS 6.2-based phone with a monochrome amber display!

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 09:16:44 PM
I'm trying to get everyone in my house to migrate from an Apple platform to Samsung  or something else. iTunes is such a freakin mess of an app - and every time there's a iOS update it seems like I'm troubleshooting everybody's freaking i-whatever. I'm looking for a DOS 6.2-based phone with a monochrome amber display!

Hmmm....With all the 80's/90's nostalgia going on you may be on to something.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

MIGs

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 12:26:54 PM
I need to make it really big too - like the old PRC-77 units:

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 05:22:02 PM
I need to make it really big too - like the old PRC-77 units:

On the plus side, your phone can now stop shrapnel.

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 07:31:55 PM
Echoing Brant's recommendation of a Google Pixel. I have the Pixel 2 XL and it's a terrific phone. Also have an iPhone 6 from work, and it's a piece of crap compared to the Pixel 2.

I also have tons of apps I've bought over the years in the Google Play Store. My experience with the GPS is far, far superior to the Apple App Store. I still have my old Gen 2 iPad and have interacted with the App Store for a very long time, and have never liked it. Seems that most if not all of their products have in-app purchases or are not a full game. Not that GPS doesn't have that kind of thing, but it seems much less prevalent in the Android store.

In short, Apple can go suck an egg. I'd rather have another Windows phone before I get an iPhone as my personal phone.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)