Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: CM:SF2 RELEASED  (Read 7469 times)

Cyrano

• Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
on: December 08, 2018, 05:35:05 PM
https://www.battlefront.com/shock-force-2/

After one of the stranger soft launches I've seen, this one is official.

Update downloaded and fired up.

ZERO problems.

Curious to poke around at the new toys.

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 08:16:58 PM
ZERO problems.

Surely you're lying!  EVERYONE says the CM series requires Pentagon-grade DRM and NASA-level graphics cards!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 09:59:31 PM
Meh... tried the demo... uuuuggglly…. can barely read the text... god awful graphics when zoomed out.... I can hardly see any difference from the version I bought 8 years ago....
 :P

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Cyrano

• Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 10:57:56 PM
Horses for courses on aesthetics; ever so, but I find the graphics functional and solid.  I am for a fact getting better performance, even with larger scenarios.

Now, is it a huge upgrade over CMSF1, no, I would have to grant that, but I wasn't expecting one.  Frankly, i was surprised they did this at all.  The main upgrade is, for me, the ability to cherry-pick QBs and the fairly sizeable pile of QB maps that's included.  There's also a fair amount of new weapon functionality and OOB scrubbing.

I had no problem reading the text and I don't see particularly well, as you know.

I've now been through a couple scenarios and am having a terrific time.  Also, though it is far too early to tell, the A.I. is giving me a better fight than I remember.

judgedredd

Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 04:52:05 PM
Does anyone - anyone at all - know what version I'm meant to be buying?

I have CMSF v1.32 with NATO, Marines and British Forces. There are two flavours for upgrade and I can't work out which one I'm meant to be buying. The one for $25 or the one for $35?

This is for the $25 version and makes it sound like it's if you've got CM:SF2 installed...but mentions
OVERVIEW
Requires Base Game (Game Engine 4)

REQUIREMENTS
The Three Module Bundle Upgrade works with a licensed installation of Combat Mission Shock Force 2 Game Engine 4 and original CMSF1 stand alone Modules or Three Module Bundle license keys. If you are unsure what version you have, launch your game and look in the lower right hand corner for version information. The new installation does not use the old CMSF1 files, therefore you do not need to have a CMSF1 installation present on your harddrive.

And this is for the $35 version...which I think is the one I need. However, I'm not sure my CM:SF1 key is from Battlefront - I think I bought it from Gamersgate or something - and it specifically mentions a Battlefront purchased CMSF1 Base Game license key
Requires CMSF1 Base Game License

REQUIREMENTS
The CMSF1 Base Game Upgrade works with an original Battlefront purchased CMSF1 Base Game license key. The new installation does not use the old CMSF1 files, therefore you do not need to have a CMSF1 installation present on your harddrive.

I think I've answered my own question - I need the $35 version. But I'm not sure I bought my game from Battlefront.  :idiot2:

judgedredd

Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 04:57:19 PM
NM - I've taken a punt on the $35 version which - thanks to that shit storm that's Brexit - cost me £30!!  :Loser:

judgedredd

Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 05:25:23 PM
OK - I give up. I do need help.

Bought.
Downloaded.
Installed
Clicked the Activate New Products shortcut.
Put my CMSF2 code into the [Please enter the key that was given to you when you purchased your new software]
It comes back and says Unlock Success! The following are unlocked: and shows Main Game v2, Marines Module v2, VBritish Module v2 and NATO Module v2
When I click on Play, I get this

If I close this window and click the CMSF2 icon, I get this

And round I go.

judgedredd

Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 05:56:32 PM
again - NM.

I have ignored that it's asking for my key for my purchased NEW software and pasted all my keys in (CMSFv1, Marinesv1, Britsv1 and NATOv1). ALthough it now shows all my v1 modules activated, it also shows my v2s activated and I can now play the game which shows v2 and Engine 4.

Cyrano

• Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 10:53:16 AM
again - NM.

I have ignored that it's asking for my key for my purchased NEW software and pasted all my keys in (CMSFv1, Marinesv1, Britsv1 and NATOv1). ALthough it now shows all my v1  modules activated, it also shows my v2s activated and I can now play the game which shows v2 and Engine 4.

I screwed up this exact same thing.  Based on my very prompt response from BFC, we are not the only ones who have had this problem.

judgedredd

Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 01:32:53 PM
Does anyone know why my Mark Mines command is disabled? What exactly do I have to do to get it enabled?

judgedredd

Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 05:18:55 PM
BOOM!