Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• The ACDC returns in 2025!  17-19 January 2025 we'll gather online for a variety of games and chats all weekend long
  • SAVE THE DATE!  The Armchair Dragoons Fall Assembly will be held 11-13 October 2024 in Raleigh/Cary, NC

News

The ACDC returns in 2025!  17-19 January 2025 we'll gather online for a variety of games and chats all weekend long

Author Topic: Second Chance Games  (Read 623 times)

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
on: June 25, 2024, 03:56:02 PM
Now this is rather infuriating.

Back in September last year, I pre-ordered Fields of Fire II The Parachute Regiment.
Tuesday, 26 September 2023   Friday, 29 September 2023   Pre-Order   £115.45

I've just looked at my account on Second Chance Games, and it appears it has been cancelled - TWICE. modified on the second date listed on each line - 23rd October.
Tuesday, 26 September 2023   Monday, 23 October 2023   Cancelled   £115.45
Tuesday, 26 September 2023   Monday, 23 October 2023   Cancelled   £115.45

The cancellations both have different order numbers to my pre-order...but I don't know why they are there at all. I would NEVER have cancelled Fields of Fire - it's my favourite game.

Also, it says I have Empire of the Sun 4th Edition and Mounted map on pre-order - but I don't
Wednesday, 06 July 2022   Wednesday, 20 July 2022   Pre-Order   £95.90

I actually bought the 4th Edition but cancelled the mounted map - but the order on my account still says pre-order.

I should have 3 games on pre-order with them...
23/07/2023 - Fields of Fire Deluxe Upgrade Kit - shows as on PRE-ORDER - this is correct - YAY!
26/09/2023 - Fields of Fire III The Parachute Regiment - shows as CANCELLED - that's an error
18/06/2024 - Assault on Gallipoli - The ANZAC Landing Campaign 1915 - shows as CONFIRMED - that should show as pre-ordered.

It might be fine - but getting an answer from him is like getting blood out of a stone.

I'll drop him an email.

neach-gleidhidh na h-Alba

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 04:01:33 PM
I know you don't use FB, but I have found that sending them a message on their FB page always gets me a an answer, usually, within an hour. I definitely think you should email them and ask for clarification.

I think Andy is now semi-retired, and that much of the day-to-day running is now done by his son(s) and maybe other family members.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #2 on: June 25, 2024, 05:03:49 PM
Mrs dredd got your password again?

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #3 on: June 25, 2024, 05:25:42 PM
lol - that would explain it. Damn "Remember this browser"

I know you don't use FB, but I have found that sending them a message on their FB page always gets me a an answer, usually, within an hour. I definitely think you should email them and ask for clarification.

I think Andy is now semi-retired, and that much of the day-to-day running is now done by his son(s) and maybe other family members.
I've sent an email. I guess I might have ordered again and cancelled...but a) I'd have the email asking to cancel (I keep all my emails) and b) I wouldn't have ordered twice and cancelled twice on the same day!

Even though the orders have different order numbers, they show as the same order date.

I think their system is fooked. I can see several discrepancies in my order history.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2024, 05:35:52 PM
If I remember correctly, not too long ago I think they migrated to a new server and experienced a few issues because of that, so it may have something to do with it.

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #5 on: June 27, 2024, 06:32:04 AM
All sorted. All games still on order.  :applause:

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #6 on: June 27, 2024, 07:05:39 AM
 :bigthumb: :groovy: :party:

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #7 on: June 27, 2024, 08:15:28 AM
All sorted. All games still on order.  :applause:

:party:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love