Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Medieval Kingdoms 1212AD?  (Read 16559 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
on: December 29, 2019, 03:38:42 PM
No love for this Attila overhaul?

Recently released Mod - its essentially as close to medieval 3 as we will get  lots of let’s plays buzzing around and it looks awesome - will be getting Attila just for the mod when I’m back home

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 02:56:59 PM
I've vaguely aware this project has been in the works for some time, but haven't really followed its progress.  I took a quick peek, and the work they've done so far admittedly appears pretty impressive. 

That being said, I'll probably hold off myself, as I tend to give mods a wide berth until they're reasonably feature-complete.  The irony with this is that Medieval 3 will probably be released by the time this mod is actually "done".  :P 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 03:08:55 PM
as I tend to give mods a wide berth until they're reasonably feature-complete

BOTF notwithstanding, right?  :D

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 11:36:01 AM
1.)  The two mods I've mostly played the game with (Balance of Power and Ultimate Mod 5) are already feature-complete. 

2.)  Hush you.  :P 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 04:53:01 PM
The Castille campaign actually starts with a massive battle against the Almohads with Navarre and Aragon as allies (about 15000 each side) heres what i know so far, needless to say we kicked ass - the game looks so cool and complicated im actually afraid to get started!!

Everything i know of the world -

Fancy province pics -

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 04:29:42 PM
This is an amazing-looking mod.  I'm torn between wanting to dive further into it right away, versus holding off until the Pope and Mercenaries are fully implemented.  Either way, though, the mod team has done some great work thus far. 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 08:28:24 PM
Aaaaah that’s why I can’t recruit mercenaries!!

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 10:32:05 PM
Yep, they're not in yet.  That's why I've made a point of avoiding factions whose strengths include better/cheaper mercenary units -- wouldn't be much point in playing them right now.  ;) 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 09:33:31 AM
I’m liking the CK2 style ‘ambitions’ - also at the minute Castile just has the reconquista as a goal, to be done in 400 turns - I’m on turn 9 and between Portugal and me there’s 4 provinces left to do it as the almohads for some reason became public enemy number 1 - Muslims  to their African borders declared on them so they abandoned Spain and went home, I suppose making Navarre and Aragon vassals might be the next target and then Portugal itself

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 03:56:50 AM
Resurrecting this thread.  I see that CA interviewed the 1212 AD mod team regarding their work a few days ago, apparently (at least in part) because it received a major update just last week. 

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/an-interview-with-the-medieval-kingdoms-1212-ad-team/

Jackie Fish posted a video highlighting the changes, improvements, and new features: 

To start off with, it sounds like the single most notable feature added is that the HRE electors have now been implemented -- get yourself elected Emperor!  On top of that, most factions (though not quite all) now have their full army rosters, including their mid- and late-game units. 

You can also now trade regions, so as to avoid that unsightly border-gore.  :D  Speaking of regions, it's also easier to play "tall" now, as they each have ten building slots -- you just have to be patient enough to "grow" your cities (recruiting armies drains population from a region). 

Still to be implemented:  Papal elections/College of Cardinals, mercenaries, naval battles, republic mechanics, and custom/faction-specific buildings.  it sounds like mercs are the next major feature the mod team is working on, and modeling work is starting to focus on the custom buildings. 

I may have to jump back into this one, dang it. 

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 07:30:28 PM
Hot Damn! Been waiting for a chance give this mod a try. Now maybe the time. Thanks for the heads-up Martok.  :applause:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #11 on: December 17, 2020, 04:37:55 AM
You're welcome!  I did play around with the mod a bit yesterday, and it definitely feels more fleshed out now.  Whether or not it feels "complete" probably depends on the user, but it's certainly playable enough in the  meantime.  :) 

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 08:49:33 PM
How is this these days? I have it loaded and ready, going to play one of the Greek/Byzantine factions.

Always do what you feel is best.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #13 on: April 12, 2021, 11:49:46 PM
How is this these days? I have it loaded and ready, going to play one of the Greek/Byzantine factions.

I haven't played the mod since January, but I've enjoyed the time I've spent with it so far.  Honestly, I think I only really stopped playing it because I got distracted by other games (especially Stardrive 2 and Stellaris). 

I see the mod team just dropped another fairly big update (and subsequent hotfix patch) back on April 1, so it's probably a good time to check it out again.  (Dang it. :P

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 07:10:59 PM by Martok »

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 08:35:14 AM
Yup, I wish I could give it the time it deserves