Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 226528 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1140 on: June 24, 2022, 06:54:44 AM
I’m with you - as soon as I get an enemy contact I pause the game to assess it and figure out that to do - how they do map wide decisions on the fly can only be practice practice practice and I haven’t got time for that - I have noted that the streamers on their channels are pretty much exclusive to eugen so maybe that’s all you’ve got to play hour after hour - and as much as I aspire to this my tastes are just to wide to say that’s my game

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #1141 on: June 24, 2022, 07:19:19 AM
Maybe a bunch of us slow old farts should try an MP game and see how it goes…. :silly:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

judgedredd

Reply #1142 on: June 24, 2022, 08:22:47 AM
Fields of Fire has been on the table for a few weeks now. I've yet to learn this baby...so it's going up. I might not get to play it this weekend but I'll be reading the rules over the weekend and into next week

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1143 on: June 24, 2022, 08:40:35 AM
Maybe a bunch of us slow old farts should try an MP game and see how it goes…. :silly:

I would love that!

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1144 on: June 24, 2022, 08:49:57 AM

...provided you can spare time out of your busy Vassal schedule.................. ::)

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #1145 on: June 24, 2022, 12:09:48 PM

...provided you can spare time out of your busy Vassal schedule.................. ::)

Hmmm… I seem to remember that I owe you a game of something or other….  ;)
We should really start that up.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1146 on: July 08, 2022, 06:26:28 PM
Definitely more Stellaris this weekend.  I've had a pretty good game going the last few days already.  The novelty of being able to automate exploration and construction ships has yet to wear off -- love it! 

I'm also planning to poke around Warlock 2 some, now that the Renaissance mod received another major update.  I've been in the mood for a bit of fantasy 4x/grand-strategy lately, and it's been forever since I checked this one out. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1147 on: July 08, 2022, 06:40:36 PM
Microsoft Flight Simulator and Sea of Thieves as always.

I've finally made good on my promise to get back to Homeworld this weekend. Started the campaign again, this time remembering that you carry stuff over to the next mission....

Not sure what else I'll play yet. I'll probably get the kids to play some Tower Unite with me so that I can kick their arses at bowling and mini golf.  ;D

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1148 on: July 08, 2022, 07:25:22 PM
Working right thru but I hope to get time to look further into Nebulous Fleet Command and some more DW2 and working out if processes are working as planned or I’m just breaking stuff

And trying out a new map in Warno

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #1149 on: July 08, 2022, 11:48:01 PM
Thrones of Britannia. Trying to get to where I can recruit the ultimate unit of mayhem and bloodlust, the British Soccer Fan Unit.  :hehe:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

judgedredd

Reply #1150 on: July 09, 2022, 01:27:17 AM
Thrones of Britannia. Trying to get to where I can recruit the ultimate unit of mayhem and bloodlust, the British Soccer Fan Unit.  :hehe:
Make sure you upgrade that to the Millwall Division

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1151 on: July 09, 2022, 02:21:14 AM
Cough rangers and Celtic fans cough

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1152 on: July 09, 2022, 04:00:54 AM

You treat them as berzerker units:  They do tremendous damage, but you can't control them in battle.  :whistle: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1153 on: July 09, 2022, 05:18:07 AM
Just bought Keplerth. I've been curious about it for a while and it was only just over a tenner. Might be able to persuade The Boy to play it with me too.

judgedredd

Reply #1154 on: July 09, 2022, 11:51:33 AM
Cough rangers and Celtic fans cough
Aye but they only hate each other. You're safe if you're not catholic or protestant. Millwall fans take on ANYONE.