Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: MAGNET - Miniatures Agnostic Games Every (other) Tuesday  (Read 3798 times)

Marc Gacy

• Jr. Trooper
[Edit: Should this be in Intel?]

Hi all,
I'm trying to generate and sustain interest in minis agnostic* games and an ongoing consistent event called MAGNET, since these are the games I like to play, and I enjoy teaching people about them as well.

What? MAGNET - Miniatures Agnostic Game* Night Every [other] Tuesday
Where? Heart of Gold Games [or your very own FLGS]
When? Every other Tuesday (less likely to conflict w/ Warhammer, Magic and RPGs on that day))
Who? Anybody and Everybody willing to play a miniatures game
Why? To play miniatures games that are less likely to have much organized support, and use some of those piles of minis you may or may not have lying around.
How? Some people bring minis, terrain, and/or rules they want to try/teach, others come to learn something new, or simply find other like-minded gamers.

Games we’ve played so far:
•    Song of Blades and Heroes
•    Gaslands
•    Fear and Faith
•    Gutshot
•    Reign in Hell
•    Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago
•    A Billion Suns
•    Legends of the Old West
•    The Silver Bayonet
•    Starmada Unity
•    Pulp Alley
•    One Page Rules Grimdark skirmish
•    One Page Rules Warfleets: FTL
•    Space Weirdos
•    7TV

*Miniatures Agnostic Game - A miniatures game that does not have specific miniatures required to play. There are no specific stats or stat cards for a given miniature.
Song of Blades and Heroes, Frostgrave, One-Page Rules, and Gaslands are examples of games that DO NOT have specific miniatures with stats tied to the game.
Warhammer, Malifaux and Infinity are examples of games that DO have specific miniatures with stats tied to the game.

Finally, I would love it if others in other parts of the world pick up and run with my MAGNET idea. Tuesdays are often a good day at FLGSs as that day doesn't usually compete with Warhammer or Magic so you are not fighting for space. The regular cadence of either every week (or every other week, which all I can manage running it myself right now) gets more attention from the store for bringing people in and more attention from players as they can regularly anticipate it.

To learn more about Minis Agnostic Games (where I got the term) look no further than Uncle Atom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DWdZsyuNsA&start=302

(Crappy notional logo attached)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 12:12:55 PM by Marc Gacy »

- Marc

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 01:01:29 PM
Very cool!  Our FLGS here has a Tuesday night minis night already, but it's mostly Warhammer or War Machine/Hordes

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Marc Gacy

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 04:35:57 PM
Very cool!  Our FLGS here has a Tuesday night minis night already, but it's mostly Warhammer or War Machine/Hordes
Well, kick 'em out! We have important work to do here!

- Marc

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 05:22:38 PM
YouTube channel tabletop minions is very pro mini agnostic - plenty of videos on subject and Adam is half of reign in hell

Marc Gacy

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 02:09:09 PM
YouTube channel tabletop minions is very pro mini agnostic - plenty of videos on subject and Adam is half of reign in hell
Yes! That's where I got the term Minis Agnostic Games. It's one of my favorite channels.

- Marc