Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: The Intel Dump!  (Read 231868 times)

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #630 on: June 23, 2022, 02:25:57 PM
Because of the following announcement from GMT, I think it prudent to give Cyrano some space so he may grieve appropriately.

From GMT's June 2022 newsletter:

P500 Removals. In mutual agreement with the design team, we are removing Mystery Wizard from the P500 list today. This game probably wasn't the best fit for the GMT line, as the stalled P500 numbers would attest, and once we lost the dedicated artist for the game after only a few card images, we were just not able to find an artist up to taking on the whole project. Although Mystery Wizard unfortunately didn't work out for us, I still believe in both the game (it's fun!) and the team of talented young designers and developers who created it. I wish them all the best as they work to get the game published with another publisher. Once that happens and there is an order page up for it, I'll make an announcement in our monthly update and link to the new publisher's page so that those of you who want the game will know where to order it.

:2funny:

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

mcguire

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
  • Shoes for industry!
Reply #631 on: June 23, 2022, 02:38:34 PM
Awww. And it had hexes, too.

"Man...knowing how to use the cards properly certainly changes how I play the game" -- judgedredd

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #632 on: June 23, 2022, 03:47:14 PM
Because of the following announcement from GMT, I think it prudent to give Cyrano some space so he may grieve appropriately.

From GMT's June 2022 newsletter:

P500 Removals. In mutual agreement with the design team, we are removing Mystery Wizard from the P500 list today. This game probably wasn't the best fit for the GMT line, as the stalled P500 numbers would attest, and once we lost the dedicated artist for the game after only a few card images, we were just not able to find an artist up to taking on the whole project. Although Mystery Wizard unfortunately didn't work out for us, I still believe in both the game (it's fun!) and the team of talented young designers and developers who created it. I wish them all the best as they work to get the game published with another publisher. Once that happens and there is an order page up for it, I'll make an announcement in our monthly update and link to the new publisher's page so that those of you who want the game will know where to order it.

:2funny:

;D

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #633 on: June 23, 2022, 04:07:12 PM
 ;D :applause:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #634 on: June 25, 2022, 04:21:52 AM
A good idea, in theory.  As ever, though, I am skeptical about its efficacy. 

Epic Games Store introduces rating system designed to stop review-bombing

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #635 on: June 25, 2022, 10:12:41 AM
Funny, I see review bombing on BGG all the time, especially in Ty Bomba games. He usually rates his own games a 10, and someone invariably comes in and rates it a 1 because "designers shouldn't rate their own games."  :2funny:

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #636 on: June 25, 2022, 04:01:30 PM
Well, they're not wrong.  Ha! 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #637 on: July 10, 2022, 10:21:25 PM
Continued our game of Stellar Horizons that we started two weeks ago.  We made it through another two decades of game time today and ended our session about halfway at 2080, so we're about halfway through the scenario.  I'm playing as Japan.  I have been playing as Russia in an online, PBEM game and got used to playing the game to the  Russian faction's strengths.  Japan happens to be the polar opposite of Russia in this game and, as a consequence, I seriously misplayed the first two decades (2030-2040).  I did get very lucky and managed to succeed in all the missions I've drawn so far and am far ahead in VPs from that, but the N. American player is poised to break out and start colonizing the moons of Jupiter.  The Pan-Asian player had some terrible luck in the 2050 decade with both of his major manned missions suffering catastrophic failures.  One blew up on launch, costing the human crew, the Mars-bound vehicle, the supplies intended to build a base there, and the launch vehicle.  The other exploded while returning from a survey mission to the moon.  They have managed to set up mining operations in the near Earth asteroids however and are in a good position to start ramping up resource production and trading.  The Americans are growing isolationist and keep trying to ratchet up diplomatic tensions to the point where they'll be able to blockade trade routes.  Japan has the ear of the UN and enjoys a significant advantage in political clout but has little in the way of income or a manufacturing base.  I have a large orbital research station above Earth that keeps me competitive in tech and I've just built a refinery on Phobos but it's still a only a skeleton crew out there.  I'm going to need to expand that rapidly if I want to get out to the moons of Jupiter before the Yankee imperialists lay claim to all of it.

Germanmenace1

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #638 on: September 01, 2022, 02:44:55 PM
While looking for the Jeffery D. Wert's new book "The Heart of Hell: The Soldiers's Struggle For Spotsylvania's Bloody Angle", I also found a very good sale.

UNC Press is having a sale and free shipping on orders over $75.00.    UNC Press has many highly regarded ACW books, and E-books, on deep discount, of 40% off regular price.

https://uncpress.org/anniversary-sale/

I highly advise the members to browse the book list.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 03:54:12 PM by Germanmenace1 »

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #639 on: September 01, 2022, 02:45:45 PM
While looking for the Jeffery D. Wert's new book "The Heart of Hell: The Soldiers's Struggle For Spotsylvania's Bloody Angle", I also found a very, good sale.

UNC Press is having a sale and free shipping on orders over $75.00.    They have several, very good ACW books, and E-books, on deep discount, of 40% off regular price.

https://uncpress.org/anniversary-sale/

I highly advise the members to browse the book list.

very cool - thanks for the heads-up!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Germanmenace1

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #640 on: December 07, 2022, 11:34:13 AM
For those looking for free education, Jeffery D. Wert will be giving a free lecture on his new book, "Heart of Hell", about the fighting around Spotsylvania Court House in May of 1864. Link is below:

https://secure.virginiahistory.org/1555/1854

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #641 on: December 07, 2022, 04:41:48 PM
For those looking for free education, Jeffery D. Wert will be giving a free lecture on his new book, "Heart of Hell", about the fighting around Spotsylvania Court House in May of 1864. Link is below:

https://secure.virginiahistory.org/1555/1854

Thanks for the link.  I have visited that battlefield and stood at the bloody corner.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #642 on: May 16, 2023, 10:10:46 AM
Coming soon from Modiphius, a revamped version of....

https://www.modiphius.net/pages/brikwars

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #643 on: May 16, 2023, 01:32:16 PM
Larry Harris (A&A, War Room) has a new Imperial Borders game coming at some point

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #644 on: June 06, 2023, 11:22:49 AM
New stuff coming from the Flames of War / Team Yankee dudes

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~