Author Topic: The Intel Dump!  (Read 113919 times)

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #630 on: June 23, 2022, 02:25:57 PM
Because of the following announcement from GMT, I think it prudent to give Cyrano some space so he may grieve appropriately.

From GMT's June 2022 newsletter:

P500 Removals. In mutual agreement with the design team, we are removing Mystery Wizard from the P500 list today. This game probably wasn't the best fit for the GMT line, as the stalled P500 numbers would attest, and once we lost the dedicated artist for the game after only a few card images, we were just not able to find an artist up to taking on the whole project. Although Mystery Wizard unfortunately didn't work out for us, I still believe in both the game (it's fun!) and the team of talented young designers and developers who created it. I wish them all the best as they work to get the game published with another publisher. Once that happens and there is an order page up for it, I'll make an announcement in our monthly update and link to the new publisher's page so that those of you who want the game will know where to order it.

:2funny:

mcguire

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Shoes for industry!
Reply #631 on: June 23, 2022, 02:38:34 PM
Awww. And it had hexes, too.

"Man...knowing how to use the cards properly certainly changes how I play the game" -- judgedredd

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #632 on: June 23, 2022, 03:47:14 PM
Because of the following announcement from GMT, I think it prudent to give Cyrano some space so he may grieve appropriately.

From GMT's June 2022 newsletter:

P500 Removals. In mutual agreement with the design team, we are removing Mystery Wizard from the P500 list today. This game probably wasn't the best fit for the GMT line, as the stalled P500 numbers would attest, and once we lost the dedicated artist for the game after only a few card images, we were just not able to find an artist up to taking on the whole project. Although Mystery Wizard unfortunately didn't work out for us, I still believe in both the game (it's fun!) and the team of talented young designers and developers who created it. I wish them all the best as they work to get the game published with another publisher. Once that happens and there is an order page up for it, I'll make an announcement in our monthly update and link to the new publisher's page so that those of you who want the game will know where to order it.

:2funny:

;D

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #633 on: June 23, 2022, 04:07:12 PM
 ;D :applause:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #634 on: Yesterday at 04:21:52 AM
A good idea, in theory.  As ever, though, I am skeptical about its efficacy. 

Epic Games Store introduces rating system designed to stop review-bombing

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #635 on: Yesterday at 10:12:41 AM
Funny, I see review bombing on BGG all the time, especially in Ty Bomba games. He usually rates his own games a 10, and someone invariably comes in and rates it a 1 because "designers shouldn't rate their own games."  :2funny:

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #636 on: Yesterday at 04:01:30 PM
Well, they're not wrong.  Ha! 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike