Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: My next project  (Read 4215 times)

judgedredd

on: May 04, 2022, 03:26:20 PM
Can you guess what it is yet?

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 03:44:14 PM
I am thinking a Bristol Beaufighter or a Bristol Blenheim.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 03:52:17 PM by Doctor Quest »

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

judgedredd

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 04:53:39 PM
Correct on the second guess.

Airfix 1:48 scale Bristol Blenheim MkIF

Airfix have got some new moulds out and they are pretty good. Alot of their stuff that was available until recently was all their old stuff which...in the modern modelling world...we're pretty crap.

But their new stuff isn't bad at all. So some issues but even Tamiya moulds have some issues

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 04:58:12 PM
The front office looks good so far.  :bigthumb:

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

judgedredd

Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 09:09:55 AM
I take it all back about Airfix getting their shit together. This model is honestly horrible. It seems to be over engineered - almost like the part count was important.

The engine cowlings are 3 parts - and when all fitted together, there's a huge fit issue. At least 3mm maybe more. This of course makes it harder to fit the final piece of cowling on (as the hole that's meant to fit in has gotten bigger.

The glass for the gun turret is terrible. I've had it sitting with a peg clamped on it trying to get it to fit the gun turret. Currently, where the opening is, it's too big. So I'm trying to close that. It's been two days and there's been some movement - but not enough. I am absolutely dreading the cockpit glass...and there's lots of it.

I've almost binned this twice. If the cockpit glass doesn't fit, it's off the table and into the bin. It's not something I want to keep around and it's not something that I think is going to look particularly nice.

Just awful.

I would say that there are positive reviews out there regarding new aircraft kits - perhaps even this one. I don't have experience of any others (stay tuned, I do have a Hawker Sea Hurricane) but this is just not a pleasant build at all.