Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: There's really no Jagged Alliance 3 thread?  (Read 12684 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #75 on: September 02, 2023, 02:05:43 PM
Ive been out of 7.62 for a looong time. If I do get any, it's a couple of bullets here and there. Nowhere near enough to last em any time.

Where did you get 500 7.62 from?

I go into the Craft Ammo section and I am allowwed to make .44mm, 9mm and 7.62mm. I have 2 options for 7.62 - it's Armour Piercing or Match.

I have 117 parts and it costs 10 parts to create 30 7.62 ammo...when I select the 7.62mm Armour Piercing, I am not allowed to create anymore 7.62 ammo - and I fon't know why. By my calculations, as I have 117 parts, I'd be able to create 17 x 30 7.62mm for 10 parts each.

Just collected it from stashes and bodies

Are you unloading guns you don’t intend to keep?

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #76 on: September 02, 2023, 02:39:14 PM
Also, do you have gunpowder?

You need that to create new ammo.  If you don't have powder but only parts, you can only convert ammo to a different type, not create new stuff.

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #77 on: September 02, 2023, 03:47:20 PM
Just collected it from stashes and bodies

Are you unloading guns you don’t intend to keep?
Yes

I don't think I've had 500 7.62 all through my game, never mind carrying it around

neach-gleidhidh na h-Alba

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #78 on: September 02, 2023, 03:49:31 PM
Also, do you have gunpowder?

You need that to create new ammo.  If you don't have powder but only parts, you can only convert ammo to a different type, not create new stuff.
I've not had a lot of gunpowder. Again, it's like rocking horse shit

I'm unloading weapons, scouring the areas, making ammo, dismantling guns I don't need/want. There's just not a whole lot around.

I have been in some big fights. 22 enemies was my most recent one

I would say the Internet is full of people saying they have plenty of ammo...but it's also full of people saying ammo is sparse

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #79 on: September 14, 2023, 05:04:21 PM
Is there a way to see your stashes on the map?

I didn't really think about it and I've got stashes in so many places. I'd like to go and tidy up - but I'm not sure where I've stashed stuff

There is a "right click and press H" on each sector....just found that. But kinda hoped there would be a universal "here's your stash" kind of icon or something.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 05:06:39 PM by JudgeDredd »

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #80 on: September 14, 2023, 06:26:25 PM
There is. There is a small(very) column of icons in the lower right when on the map view. One icon lets you see the stash locations that have stuff.

Note: I’m not at my PC now so may not have described it well.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #81 on: September 15, 2023, 12:21:57 PM
There is. There is a small(very) column of icons in the lower right when on the map view. One icon lets you see the stash locations that have stuff.

Note: I’m not at my PC now so may not have described it well.
Ah yes - in plain view. Found it thank you. I can't believe I didn't think to check what those were...I honestly just don't think I saw them.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #82 on: September 15, 2023, 12:38:05 PM
It was a while before I saw them too. :idiot2:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #83 on: October 11, 2023, 09:05:13 PM
Finished it!

I don't know how you're supposed to complete that rabies mission in time.  I guess I needed 2 squads?

Fun game.  I found that I mostly just stuck with my starting team of dingbats through the whole game so I didn't get a chance to see many of the mercs.  I did hire a 2nd team quite late into the game but, even though they were rated higher and cost more on the hiring page, they were vastly inferior to my starting team due to all the XP they'd gained in the early stages.

Gonna wait until the next major update and maybe take a 2nd crack at it so see if I can get a different team together and a different ending story.

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #84 on: October 12, 2023, 01:53:12 AM
I've got about 500k and I've been running two teams for a while.

But I think my mine is running out of cash so I need to get a new one...and they're quite a way away I think.