Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Digital Versions That MURDERIZED Their Analog Counterparts  (Read 7321 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 09:49:34 PM
Scott --

When are you joining us for Saturday Night Fights?!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 10:05:51 PM
Us?

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 10:49:25 PM
Us?

I played in one and might make it to this one. I've watched many, many games from work over the past year. I'd play in more if I had the opportunity

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #18 on: April 10, 2020, 10:25:26 AM
Personally, I think it depends on the game.

Some, like Phantom Leader, I much prefer the tactile interaction with the game over playing it on an iPad. I don't have the control nor the 'at a glance' information on the iPad like I do when the board game is spread out before me.

Now, something like Blood Bowl, I totally see what Cyrano is saying. I played the game way back in the late 80s, as well as Dungeonbowl, but soon fell out of playing it. Kept an eye on the game over the years until the most recent 5th edition, and have been sorely tempted to buy it - but the base set is about $100, and team sets range from $30-$50 each, which is insane. Given how fun the BB2 game is on the PC, with its animation, voice acting, sound effects, and the like, it's light years better. I'm sure there's old school peeps out there that say the board game is far superior, so it's just a matter of opinion.

There's also the time you have to invest in painting your minis, which I don't have the patience for, nor the knowledge.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Advocator (Scott)

• Trooper
Reply #19 on: April 10, 2020, 10:39:57 AM
Scott --

When are you joining us for Saturday Night Fights?!

Saturday nights are hard for me.  Sundays... Sundays I might be able to do from time to time.