Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 220893 times)

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #1200 on: April 08, 2023, 07:32:28 PM
No gaming for me this weekend, but I just got back from a trip to NYC, where I visited this store.  I allowed myself to buy two games, so I picked up two solitaire games - Combat! and Deluxe Midway.  I also bought an Osprey book on Soviet vs Finnish soldiers.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #1201 on: April 08, 2023, 08:02:06 PM
If I ever get to visit NYC, there's certain major sites I want to visit...the Empire State Building; Ground Zero; and The Compleat Strategist. :)

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #1202 on: April 08, 2023, 08:58:10 PM
It turns out that The Compleat Strategist is a half-block from the Empire State Building.  While I was in the store, my wife waited for me at a small park across the street.  When I was finished, I walked over to the park to get her.  We were talking for a minute or two figuring out where we were headed next, sort of looking around, when I noticed that right in front of me was the Empire State Building!  I didn't take a picture, but here's the street view from across the street from the store.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
Reply #1203 on: April 08, 2023, 10:51:26 PM
If I ever get to visit NYC, there's certain major sites I want to visit...the Empire State Building; Ground Zero; and The Compleat Strategist. :)

Don't forget the Intrepid!

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #1204 on: April 10, 2023, 11:02:51 AM
I've been to the Compleat Strategist in the greater Philadelphia area.  Bought quite a few games from them too.  All with the wife's approval even.  Absolute gaming paradise.  :)

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #1205 on: April 10, 2023, 11:22:49 AM
Happy Wife, Happy Gaming Life.  :groovy:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #1206 on: April 10, 2023, 08:57:55 PM
The planned game of Heroes of Normandie: Battle for Caen didn't happen today.  We went to watch John Wick 4 and the movie was a lot longer than we'd expected it to be.  Once it was over, we ended up playing a couple of quick games of Fighters of the Pacific.

We played the shoot down Yamamoto scenario twice, switching sides after each game.  I managed to get all my P-38s shot down while only downing one of the 2 G4M Bettys (naturally the one without Yamamoto in it) in the first game.  In the 2nd game, I played the Japanese.  My opponent managed to get the Betty with Yamamoto in it but also lost all his P-38s in the process.  Interesting game but a little too deterministic for my tastes, I think.  It feels more like I'm playing a game of Go than a game about WWII fighters at times and I've discovered that I'm really, really bad at it!

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #1207 on: April 10, 2023, 09:43:13 PM
It turns out that The Compleat Strategist is a half-block from the Empire State Building.  While I was in the store, my wife waited for me at a small park across the street.  When I was finished, I walked over to the park to get her.  We were talking for a minute or two figuring out where we were headed next, sort of looking around, when I noticed that right in front of me was the Empire State Building!  I didn't take a picture, but here's the street view from across the street from the store.

I'm going to NYC tomorrow and a visit to the Compleat Strategist is a must-do.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1208 on: April 10, 2023, 11:16:06 PM
Send lots of interior pictures!

The guy that nominated them for the flg a spotlight only sent us one and it was the outside

We need a bunch more of the inside, especially games on shelves and the overall store, kind of like last week's Gamers Armory spotlight

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #1209 on: April 11, 2023, 05:14:35 AM
Send lots of interior pictures!

The guy that nominated them for the flg a spotlight only sent us one and it was the outside

We need a bunch more of the inside, especially games on shelves and the overall store, kind of like last week's Gamers Armory spotlight

Here is one of the inside I took last week.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1210 on: April 11, 2023, 07:39:59 AM
thanks!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #1211 on: April 11, 2023, 09:37:51 AM
I know one was able to go into The Compleat Strategist via Google Street View at one point. Not now, apparently. :(

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #1212 on: April 11, 2023, 11:27:52 AM
If ever I go lost and unaccounted for, that's where you can find me.  :dreamer:

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #1213 on: April 12, 2023, 01:25:32 AM
If ever I go lost and unaccounted for, that's where you can find me.  :dreamer:

Right there with you Sir Slash!! I can smell the wonderful odors of newly printed games and and other fabulous gaming paraphernalia from that picture.  :2thumbs:

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
Reply #1214 on: April 12, 2023, 10:52:05 AM
When I get...a little...older, no need for the Nursing Home for me. Just drop me off at opening time and I'll be right there 'till closing time. Pissing-off the customers probably, "Those are MY games dammit. Get the-hell- outta my Den"!    >:(