Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Kickstarter shipping costs. Getting out of hand?  (Read 3424 times)

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
on: April 07, 2023, 01:11:59 PM
Because I backed the Battle for Caen expansions for Heroes of Normandie, I've been getting emails from Devil Pig Games regarding their new Kickstarter.  Heroes of the Pacific.  I guess it's struggling a bit in part due to the fact that the US distributor for the Caen Kickstarter went out of business so American backers are still in limbo until a new shipper is found.  US backers are understandably reluctant to back Heroes of the Pacific when they still haven't received their last KS project. 

I think the other reason is the shipping costs.  I've noticed they've been going through the roof.  I backed a game about the SAS a while back.  Shipping alone is going to be £40. 

If you're in Europe, the US, or Canada, shipping for Heroes of the Pacific isn't too bad but if you're in Brazil?  That's insane!  Rest of World shipping is even more.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 01:30:37 PM
izzat air freight to try and bypass sea-based shipping, or izzat b/c of naval freight costs these days?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 01:33:26 PM
If you're in Brazil and a 3rd pledge you could practically fly to France on a cheapie flight and pick it up yourself

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa