Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: "ERGO" 'Perverse Engineered'-!  (Read 3672 times)

GROGnadsUSA

on: April 08, 2023, 10:12:29 PM
Since midst-1990s after cessation for "OGRE"-miniatures while we continued onwards with varied 'Sci-F-' pieces and many that did not exist then-! Besides, these here are potential 'mods' into "ERGO"-universal purposes after being "Photo-Chop/Shop"-! Permit the 'rotation' for their 'Turrets'-!-?
#-1 = Turret-'Mod' TANK, with #-2 = Turret-'Mod' Varies and #-3 = original A.P.C. I've liked them as I'm reminded of "BattleZone" arcade 'Video Game'-! Is that 'weird'--enough-?

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 02:31:33 PM
Really cool models.  Do the turrets rotate?  Is that even possible for a 3d printer to produce?

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 03:38:15 PM
Actually, you did have to carefully 'cut apart' their 'Turrets', install a round 'plug' into that, and bore a hole for this into the 'Hull'.
The imagery on the LEFT does contain several 'Hulls' of where the 'Hole' is presented with varied 'Turrets' for an array of possibilities shown. The upper RIGHT portion images displayed a 'Battleship Turret' minus '2'--'Guns/Barrels' to become placed atop of that 'Hull', to its RIGHT. It was intended  with becoming a "Super-Heavy Tank" of the type JUST prior to the onset of "OGRE"-vehicles making their appearances'-! The lower RIGHT 'Tank' is of them "A&A"-sort as being 'Archaic Armor' and rather puny compared with any others. The lower LEFT 'Tank' is considered as being 'Heavy Armor' so, a step-or-two above that smaller version. It generally meant with having larger 'Gun' and more armor than any lesser versions. The lower LEFT 'vehicle' also has several 'Turrets' shown, with the upper one is the original, and the 2nd had itself 'reversed' of the 'Barrel' and 'Turret' as this then became 'Sovietized' akin to a "T-54"-!   

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 03:51:21 PM
Very nice.  Have you ever considered making these miniatures and selling them to local hobby shops?

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #4 on: April 10, 2023, 04:07:32 PM
Well, NO-! I buy my *thangs* there to convert unto these-! Apologies of the bad 'scans' seen. FOR 'Ships'/etc. then they are "waterline" shown with clear plastic 'CD'-case affixed beneath as its 'bottom'. I'll even use broken or cracked "jewel-cases" since the pieces are closely-cropped to fit onto the 'Ship' remainder. 

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 08:24:51 AM
Oh I see.  Well you are definitely creative in your work.  8)