Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Total War: Pharaoh  (Read 6811 times)

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
on: May 23, 2023, 09:39:10 PM
So apparently this is going to happen. Really light on details so far. I really want this to be good ... but it probably wont be....

https://pharaoh.totalwar.com/

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 11:41:13 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking they probably should've left it buried in Luxor. I'm still waiting on, 'Age of Rifles: Total War'.  :'(

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 02:42:37 AM
Pfffft nah

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 07:00:50 AM
...yawn............

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 07:04:56 AM
I am so meh about this and I really don’t understand.

Players have been begging for a new Medieval or Empire TW game for a long time and then CA are like ‘yes yes, sure’ but then Pharaoh is introduced? Following up on the Troy game which is one of their least successful?

Come on now.

Always do what you feel is best.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 12:15:45 PM
Waited for M3 for so long now - I wonder how many people are just ‘fine, I’ll go play something else’ and have been lost to the TW goodness

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 10:20:33 PM
I think I'll pass and wait for Total War: Plants v. Zombies.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
Reply #7 on: May 24, 2023, 11:00:09 PM
Pfft.

Total War: Time Lords vs. Daleks.

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 08:55:45 AM
'Geek I am one of those people. I was, as you all know, a TW fan boi since Shogun. The last title that I really loved, and play, and mod to this day, was Attila. Since then it has been one meh after another.

So looks like I will be playing a lot of Knights of Honor, Field of Glory, Crusader Kings, etc.

Maybe I'll even fire up the original Medieval TW for olde times' sake.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #9 on: May 25, 2023, 09:03:09 AM
Read an article yesterday about their efforts to capture the Chinese market after previous sales had flopped - three kingdoms paved the way to gateway people into the franchise and then they released WH3 with a Chinese based kingdom ‘shoe horned’ in which has clearly worked apparently and sales there are huge

It’s a very cynical look at their approach to the market as opposed to fans wishes - such is the popularity of the fantasy element that most people now think the next big release will be GoT based or LOTR with a proper licence from either

The historical releases could be doomed - I was hoping a release of M2 remastered would be successful enough to indicate to them the hunger for a proper M3 but I don’t even know if that’s still on the cards

Sad times

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #10 on: May 25, 2023, 09:17:15 AM
I read a few weeks or months ago that there are no plans for the release of a M2 remaster.

Hug?

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #11 on: May 25, 2023, 09:37:27 AM
Buhhh really?

If I start saving now we can have some kind of geriatric get together and sit squinting through our cataracts together when M3 finally comes out

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #12 on: May 25, 2023, 10:24:28 AM
^Yes. I am sorry to be the one to tell you that about the M2 remaster.

Also I don't know if you have kept track of your Steam updates lately but the rumor there is that CA have done some kind of update to their existing library that has broken mods.

I didn't believe it so I just tested DEI on Rome 2...it loaded up and seemed to work fine. And then I tested 1212AD on Attila, and that loaded up and worked fine too. Note I did not try to actually play through any turns.

You may want to try the same.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #13 on: May 25, 2023, 10:32:29 AM
1212 is the only CA game left in my library - and after KOH2 with its ‘reasons for doing things’ i found it really bland

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #14 on: May 25, 2023, 10:49:57 AM
What did I do to deserve your cruelty?