Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Turkish woes  (Read 3326 times)

besilarius

• Corporal
on: October 26, 2020, 08:15:19 PM
https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/20201026.aspx

Turkish F16s crossed into Greek territory and lost a plane.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 11:31:19 PM
Ouch! Better think that through some more next time.

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

besilarius

• Corporal
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 10:16:15 AM
https://www.strategypage.com/qnd/russia/articles/20201105.aspx

Erdogan may have seriously overextended Turkeys military.  After purging the leadership a few years back, he is involved in Syria, Libya, Azerbaijan, and Greece.
Somewhere it's got to blow up.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 11:09:33 AM
These Arabs have bad memories of Turkish imperial rule and are hostile towards the returning democratic Turks.

Um, typo... 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 07:49:33 PM
The Turks used to be very democratic. Whenever they formed a Firing Squad, they always asked, "Who wants to shoot first"?  ;)

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming