Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Critical Rolls for THE GROGPUBLIC OF ROME  (Read 22972 times)

JasonPratt

• Lancer
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
Reply #30 on: March 01, 2019, 05:34:17 PM
Nope, that didn't work.

Next question is: can anyone else see the post titles?  ??? (And, presumably, are they indeed hyperlinks to the post?)

Back to my account settings to look around...

Oh, right, and thanks for the dice roller being fixed!!  :notworthy:  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :party: :party: :party: I ran a confirming test and saw the result, but got absent-minded on trying to puzzle out the next thing.

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #31 on: March 01, 2019, 05:37:41 PM
The next thing is a completely separate issue. And I don't get paid to work weekends ...or weekdays ;)

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

JasonPratt

• Lancer
Reply #32 on: March 01, 2019, 05:53:08 PM
No rush; the earliest they might decide to migrate is next week. And for functionality, in the worst case scenario I can quote a small amount as a workaround and generate a link back to the prior post that way. Mainly it would be handy for providing a quick way for players to refer to the snapshot posts for convenience.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #33 on: March 01, 2019, 07:06:25 PM
I will look into the post link issue later tonight

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #34 on: March 01, 2019, 08:24:09 PM
I'll have a scotch and see what that does.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #35 on: March 01, 2019, 08:31:41 PM
I'll have a scotch and see what that does.

It can't hurt anything ;)

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #36 on: March 02, 2019, 05:39:19 PM
No rush; the earliest they might decide to migrate is next week. And for functionality, in the worst case scenario I can quote a small amount as a workaround and generate a link back to the prior post that way. Mainly it would be handy for providing a quick way for players to refer to the snapshot posts for convenience.

there is a workaround, but it's not an easy one

I've pinged someone for help so that Mirth doesn't have to parse thru it, but I don't have a short answer at the moment

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

JasonPratt

• Lancer
Reply #37 on: March 02, 2019, 06:59:04 PM
Seems like the easiest workaround is to generate a quote from the target post (perhaps in the post immediately afterward), and right-click that address.

For example, I got this link from your quote, pointing back to my post. https://www.armchairdragoons.com/forum/index.php?topic=627.msg10337#msg10337

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #38 on: March 02, 2019, 08:07:40 PM
Seems like the easiest workaround is to generate a quote from the target post (perhaps in the post immediately afterward), and right-click that address.

For example, I got this link from your quote, pointing back to my post. https://www.armchairdragoons.com/forum/index.php?topic=627.msg10337#msg10337

That is the workaround I had in mind.  But there's gotta be a better way to do it.  This theme does so many other things so well (especially the mobile version) that I can't believe there's not an easier way to make this happen

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

JasonPratt

• Lancer
Reply #39 on: March 02, 2019, 10:29:11 PM
Eh, I can make it work, so I'm happy enough.

Still, I don't know why the code for doing the normal thing hasn't been included in the theme (apparently). Can anyone else see post subjects?!

I realized a day or two ago, btw, that while I can see the thread subject title, I still can't see (so can't click on) the post subject title that started the thread. (I thought I could, but I was misremembering.)

JasonPratt

• Lancer
Reply #40 on: March 15, 2019, 06:47:07 PM
After some discussion, the Players have voted that the easiest solution will also be the best, namely that I just make our dice rolls and chit pulls at TTS, 'behind the GM screen' in effect.

Consequently, we won't be moving the game to a thread here at Armchair Dragoon, though I was hoping to set up for that. But I can appreciate not wanting to change the wagon team halfway across the river!

Thanks to Brant and Mirth for their help and encouragement. I have some plans for offering up a quite different forum game (processed in TTS) here at ArDrag later, although I need to put some projects to bed first. Probably before the Grogpublic is done though! More on this later in another thread, of course, when I get around to it.  ;D