Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Virtual Game?  (Read 6970 times)

drew de main

• Fresh Recruit
on: October 10, 2020, 02:55:31 PM
Hi all!  I'm a new GUWS member who's got some free time due to quarantine and was wondering if anyone is interested in playing a virtual game.  I'm familiar with VASSAL (Paths of Glory module mostly) and some mainstream games (Matrix, Paradox, etc.).  Happy to play something I'm unfamiliar with too, so any and all ideas welcome!

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 03:20:25 PM
Hi all!  I'm a new GUWS member who's got some free time due to quarantine and was wondering if anyone is interested in playing a virtual game.  I'm familiar with VASSAL (Paths of Glory module mostly) and some mainstream games (Matrix, Paradox, etc.).  Happy to play something I'm unfamiliar with too, so any and all ideas welcome!

Welcome!

The pandemic has certainly screwed us all for face-to-face gaming.

You might want to check out our Saturday Night Fights area in the forum.  We have games every Saturday night through TTS on Steam, and Jim streams pretty much all of them on YouTube so you can watch, even if you're not playing.

Tonight is a naval battle
https://www.armchairdragoons.com/forum/index.php?topic=2572.0

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 03:24:08 PM
Hello and Welcome!

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 05:11:16 PM
Welcome Drew!

You can also check out the Online Games Wanted section of the forum. There are many subjects in there and you can start one in hopes of finding someone to play. Are you more interested in real time play, or pbem?

drew de main

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 06:43:29 PM
You might want to check out our Saturday Night Fights area in the forum.  We have games every Saturday night through TTS on Steam, and Jim streams pretty much all of them on YouTube so you can watch, even if you're not playing.

Thanks!  I'll check it out.

You can also check out the Online Games Wanted section of the forum. There are many subjects in there and you can start one in hopes of finding someone to play. Are you more interested in real time play, or pbem?

Thanks!  I'll take a look at the games wanted section.  Both real-time and pbem games work for me.

LetsPlayHistory

• Trooper
  • Let's get serious about games!
    • Let's Play History
Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 11:35:08 AM
Do you play Field of Glory 2? I am always up for a battle! The PBEM++ server makes it easily playable despite time difference and so on.

Meet me on LinkedIn, BlueSky, BoardGameGeek, YouTube and Twitch!

Et vive citoyen général Bonaparte!

lexeebrill

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 03:42:11 PM
Hi! Friendly GUWS-Programming Director here. We're starting up a virtual gaming series, pretty much match-making who plays what, on which platforms, and when they have time available. The first session is Civ 5 via Steam (PC only) from 1300-1700 Sunday 21 Nov. Registration link sent out in the last newsletter!  :D

Email us or respond if there are any virtual games you are particularly passionate about hosting!

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 03:50:54 PM
Hey there!  Great to see you guys getting some virtual gaming going :)

We've got a few Civ players around here that might be able to join, depending on their schedules.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 04:05:18 PM
Hi! Friendly GUWS-Programming Director here. We're starting up a virtual gaming series, pretty much match-making who plays what, on which platforms, and when they have time available. The first session is Civ 5 via Steam (PC only) from 1300-1700 Sunday 21 Nov. Registration link sent out in the last newsletter!  :D

Email us or respond if there are any virtual games you are particularly passionate about hosting!

Hello lexeebrill! That's cool. I know there are Civilization fans here, so you might get a few folks interested. For any Dragoon regulars who are interested in what GUWS has on tap for the rest of the year, here is the eventbrite list..

If you are not signed up for the newsletter, you can do that at the bottom of the GUWS website. There is even a listserv you can sign up for, under "Get Involved".

Civ games are my cup of tea; however, I'm still keen to see how this turns out. I'll think about suggested games for the future and let you know soon. Anyone else have good recommendations?